Another Good Day Another Good Day Another Good Day Another Good Day
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another Good Day

Wakina, I sat on your numbers again and they were still hot. LOL Just me today and got one limit and a bonus walleye. !0 pounds at cleaners Good grade. They did slow down some but were steady. B can , one mile north. Perch rigs right on bottom. 1/2 shiner

Thanks for the report I am heading out tomorrow in that same area, we did well there Sunday doing the same thing, will be in a 25 Grady White ! moved it there to Magee East Marina from Meinke West last week, hope to find better over all fishing was at Meinke 25 years hard to leave.... but with the price of gas-the algae- long run to fishing area -B can has always been good made that run many times , now coming from Northwood the gas will be used in the truck at 15MPG VS in the boat at 1MPG !

captain tacky.....hows my old grady running

Boat runs great ! how could I go wrong got a 25 Grady sold a 27 sportcraft made enough to put new canvas on it and take wife on date night!

had few problems due to not in water few years, had to drain gas, replace fuel lines, repair soft gas tank cover (common Grady problem) stringers around tank are soft at top again common due to screws not properly sealed, shift cable needs replaced stalls when shifting common mercruiser issue, shaft handle assembly broke found used one at Checker Marine .

It does seem to be a little under powered but I am use to the 454 with the TR outdrive

but overall I do love the boat as you said I would.

I have done all work myself easy but time consuming, will do stringers and shift cable this winter between trips to Lake Simcoe for the big Perch!

If you want to go sometime let me know I am sure it will bring back memories

one more thing, I am now at Magee East Marine some friends recently bought it and talked me into moving there.
    3 docks down from me is the same boat , 25 Grady Trophy 1 year newer , talked to the owner he love it , just interesting there are not that many in this area and how 2 could end up as close as they are...

I will be out in the morning with my wife we are headed to wakina-Justretired's B-can numbers.LOL! Hope those fish are there till freeze up. We will be in a 23' Pro Line about a mile north of B-can.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Hey if you guys are there saturday I may join you. Will be up for the weekend.

Wakina do you still run out of Toussaint river?
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    Hey if you guys are there saturday I may join you. Will be up for the weekend.

Wakina do you still run out of Toussaint river?
    Yes I do, I dock at Beef Creek now slip 44. Water has been real good so far this year. The first set of buoys out of the river are real close together but there is good water between them. If you slip in at Beef Creek be sure to go between them as it is shallow on either side of them.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default luv those gradys

capt. tacky,
    i also had a 257 trophy one year older with twin 150 mercs, liked that one the best. running charters the i/o was light on power with 8 aboard. we should get out together sometime you're pretty close to me ( park place sub on wynn )

We can do that' let me know when you want to go . I remember you telling me you had one with outboards . Still work at bass pro? I was talking to a friends few days ago I think it was Ron Robinson and Ed Shepard said they know you those names ring bell ? Ron and I fish often together ed can no longer go due to disability. He had a 30 sportcraft soft top very rare boat