bad water bad water bad water bad water

Thread: bad water

Default bad water

Can anyone tell me who supplies water to port clinton? I was told this morning that a hotel had shut water off in port clinton and that the beach in town looked like an oil slick. Does Toledo have there own water supply?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    Can anyone tell me who supplies water to port clinton? I was told this morning that a hotel had shut water off in port clinton and that the beach in town looked like an oil slick. Does Toledo have there own water supply?
    Toledo gets their water from the water intake that is quite often referred to in the fishing reports on this site. The water is pumped from there to the different treatment plants located around the Toledo area. So yes Toledo has their own water supply and supplies water to several local communities as well. I have no idea who supplies water to Port Clinton. I believe a lot of the residents, marinas and campgrounds west of Port Clinton get their water from Oak Harbor.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Treatment facility

Port clinton, Catawba island, oak harbor, and several other townships in between get their drinking water from the Ottawa county water treatment plant which is located at the west end of port clinton. As for most residents of Carroll township (every one around Davis Bessie) get their water from the Carroll township treatment plant, located on rt. 2 across from fenwick marina. Hope this helps to clear some concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon addiction View Post
    Port clinton, Catawba island, oak harbor, and several other townships in between get their drinking water from the Ottawa county water treatment plant which is located at the west end of port clinton. As for most residents of Carroll township (every one around Davis Bessie) get their water from the Carroll township treatment plant, located on rt. 2 across from fenwick marina. Hope this helps to clear some concerns.
    Thank You Spoon addiction:
    It sure enlighten me! I had been told that the water that was supplied to Paradise Acers was from Oak Harbor. It was a semi permanent resident that told me that. So now I know the rest of the story and it just goes to show that you should not repeat what some other person has told you unless you know it to be a fact. Not that it affects me anymore since selling the camper but it is still nice to know the facts. I will say this about the water at Paradise Acers, it was excellent water and did not leave any stains or buildup in any of the normal places, nor did the coffee pot require de-liming like so many other places I have camped over the years.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I know water for bass haven comes from Ottawa co. water supply, I was wondering if Ottawa supplied Toledo. Just hoping it's not too far west as to be sucking Maumee bay water, just paranoid I guess.

As wakina said, toledo gets it's water from the intake structure a couple miles off shore in front of Reno beach, ottawa county has their own submerged intake out in front of port clinton, not sure to the actual location of it though. With that being said, any of the intakes/ water plants can eventually have the same situation at some point due to it all being the same water/source.

Thanks for the info guys!