To fish or not to fish? To fish or not to fish? To fish or not to fish? To fish or not to fish?

Default To fish or not to fish?

Only been able to make it up 1 time this month and really wanted to catch some walleye tomorrow. With a cold front moving across the lake tonight and tomorrow I am trying to decide if it will be worth the 2 1/2 hour drive up in the morning. Those of you who live and fish up there, do you think the low pressure will slow the bite? And how wet am I going to get tomorrow?

Just sitting here trying to decide if I'm hooking up the boat or not.

Angry

Fished Huron dumping grounds this am. 8:30-12, did not pull a fish. We only ran stick baits, too much junk for harness in past. Did not hear much going on, radio was quiet, couple guys got a few early then shut down. Just saying. One of those days.

I casted weight forwards a couple hours this mornin northeast of water intake. Marked a ton of fish but they weren't hungry. Pulled about 5 or 6 white perch. Nice morning for a boat ride I guess.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Default Ugh!

I'm out.....the boat stays home again this weekend. Too many strikes against me with 2 cold fronts moving through, possible storms and 2 to 4's along with low pressure, I guess I'll have to suffer through another week of work before I get another shot at it.

Good luck to everyone who goes after them this weekend! I hope you get into some FO's, just don't rub it in too bad. I still look forward to the reports.

The winds are doable with the highest SW wind of less than 15 mph. 40% chance of scattered T storms are forecast starting between noon and 1pm. This must be a mild low pressure as the winds are not forecast to pickup before Sunday evening.

If I had not fished today I would chance it, but I only live 40 miles from my boat. If you have the proper rain gear it may not be to bad rain wise. Just watch for any threatening weather and seek shelter if some does approach.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Man I wish I was that close to the lake! It's $100 a trip for me in fuel not including the boat. I don't even care so much about the cost as I do about the time on the road and even that I don't mind as long as I can spend the day fishing and hopefully catching. Bad weather can ruin that real quick for me.

How was it for you today Wakina? Were you perch or walleye fishing? It looks like I'll live vicariously through you. For some reason I'm feeling like life is passing me by. Bad week I guess.

lol eyecrazy, so I was right all along, fishing is a terminal disease....... lol

I'm just three miles from my daily dosage.Lucky me.

Unless things change later today I'm doing a combo trip up to Bula tomorrow morning.I live in Canal Winchester and leave my shop at 2AM to be on the water by 6:30.