What a Difference a Day Makes.... Walleye Fishing 7/20/14 What a Difference a Day Makes.... Walleye Fishing 7/20/14 What a Difference a Day Makes.... Walleye Fishing 7/20/14 What a Difference a Day Makes.... Walleye Fishing 7/20/14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What a Difference a Day Makes.... Walleye Fishing 7/20/14

Went fishing for walleye today with Marc Schulte, a fella that I often share information with, and his friend, Dan. We got a late start this morning, due to the fact that I had to get something replaced on my truck. That work didn't take very long, so I called and told them to meet me at my house and we would drive over to Huron together. We were launching and out the channel at 10:47.

I headed over to a spot that I fished this past Friday and it was game on from the time we set lines to the time we pulled lines 3 1/2 hours later! We caught walleye, sheephead, catfish, white perch, and white bass (the junk fish bite wasn't that bad though). It was exhausting trying to set the Off Shore boards out in a timely fashion. There were several times where all the rods were laying around the boat waiting to get re-rigged and sent out again. It wasn't too often where we got to sit down and relax for a few minutes. It was fun being able to be one of the folks who gets to reel a piggy in instead of just netting it for someone else. I forgot how much fun that can be...it was a nice refresher course to understand what my clients are feeling. lol

I had a great time, and feel redeemed after the flop of a guide trip for Smallies yesterday. The fishing was fantastic today, but it's supposed to blow out of the north pretty good tomorrow.... I'm not so sure those fish "inside" are going to hang out there much longer if it muddies up in there. Quite frankly, I was surprised to find them there again today. We just took a shot at the spot before we headed out to deeper water.

Ended our short trip at 2:15 and had 14 nice walleye in the cooler to show for our hard work.

We ran the same program as all my other blog postings...41 back with 1 oz inlines and 20-45 back with #2 Tadpoles. Every color took fish, so it wasn't a magic color...I think there were just a lot of fish in there and if it came by them, they took a swipe at it. They were not engulfing the baits by any means, and we got lucky a couple of times getting the fish in the net before the hooks came out of their mouths.

Thanks Marc Schulte and Dan Carper for a fun "short day"! I appreciate it.

The next trip was scheduled for Thursday, but was rescheduled to to unforeseen circumstances. So, the next scheduled trip is not until Saturday, where I will once again be fishing with a previous customer from last week, who wanted to bring his Dad back for some walleye fun.

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

i see the point retreat condos in the back ground in the pic with the jumbo sheep head, I know right where you were.

Dear capt, sure do enjoy your posts, i read them daily. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by fred-eye View Post
    Dear capt, sure do enjoy your posts, i read them daily. Thanx
    Thanks for reading them fred-eye, and mentioning that you do..I appreciate that!
    [email protected]

Thumbs up another thanks

Yes , I also find your reports very interesting and informative ...thanks Capt Juls

If you like her reports then while in the Port Clinton area you need to pick up the Beacon paper. It is a free paper and is usually available just inside the door at Porky's Pizza at the Toussaint River Bridge for you western basin fishermen as well as several other businesses in and around the PC area. Very good articles that she writes for the Beacon.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks guys...you do my heart good...
    [email protected]

Smile

You can also read Captain Juls reports online at TheBeacon.net.Keep up the good reporting Captain.It helps me get through my day

Default You da woman

You are great! I'm from the Circleville area. I ve told some guys about ya and said if they want a great personable charter to look you up. Do you have a web site they can get pricing and availability from?

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Mouth View Post
    You are great! I'm from the Circleville area. I ve told some guys about ya and said if they want a great personable charter to look you up. Do you have a web site they can get pricing and availability from?
    Thank you! Yes, I do. The link in there in my signature on every post....

The "Rates" page has all the info. As far as availability...I do that through email or a phone call. My contact info is on the site too.

I appreciate you telling your friends. Thanks again...
    [email protected]