Fishing with the Morrison Family 7/20/14 Fishing with the Morrison Family 7/20/14 Fishing with the Morrison Family 7/20/14 Fishing with the Morrison Family 7/20/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with the Morrison Family 7/20/14

Dan Morrison, his wife Beth, and their two boys Brant and Zane, who are from South Dakota, met me at my house this morning at 5:45. We all jumped in the truck to head to Mazurik's to launch at 6:30. We headed up to Canadian waters to fish.

I had high hopes for the walleye fishing up there today, but it was less than stellar. Fortunately though, the Morrison family had a grand time today reeling in big giant sheephead.

We only caught 6 walleye today. We had started out about 4 miles east of Chickenolee on a tip from a friend who got into a mess of big ones there two days ago. We trolled NNE for a couple miles and caught 5. I decided not to turn on them and go the other direction, because I wasn't marking much other than a lot of marks that looked like nice perch. Instead, we opted to go inside, west of Mill Point, with about an hour left in their trip to see if the fish I had going there the day we got run off by a waterspout were still hanging out.
    We caught one more nice walleye in there, but it was mostly sheephead....giant sheep.

It was fun having them in the boat today. Dan had fished as a co angler of mine years back during an FLW event, so I knew he was adept at setting boards out. He and I set lines while he and the rest of the family took turns reeling in fish. Their two boys, who I think were ages 8 and 10 were fantastic in the boat, and did a great job reeling in fish. Sometimes the fish won, and got off, but that's all part of fishing. They took it with a grain of salt and brushed it off to wait for the next one they could reel in.

It was a beautiful day to be on the water, even with the little rain sprinkle that happened in the morning when we first got up there. Several waterspouts tried to form, but never made it to the water. We were on the backside of the clouds, so we were never in any danger what-so-ever. The boys liked seeing that as they had never seen waterspouts before.

Even though we didn't catch a lot of fish...we did catch a lot of fun! And, I'm sure the memories they made will last a long time too. The boys want to come back again next year, so I'm guessing they had a great time. That's all I can ask for.

The program was the same....again....crawler harnesses. Nothing new there.

Tomorrow's trip is the rescheduled trip from this past Friday and we are headed back up to Canada for walleye and smallies. This time I plan on going further NNE from where we started this morning, and if that doesn't pan out, we will go in on the rocks, or by the helipad and fish for smallies. My crew tomorrow just likes to fish and be on the water, so no matter what the day holds, it will be a good time. I've fished with them a 1/2 dozen or so times already, so I know what to expect with them, and I'm looking forward to it.

Stay tuned....

P.S. I forgot to mention that the youngest boy, Zane, had reeled in about a 15 pound catfish today. That was pretty awesome.

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 07-20-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

nice to hear of your reports Juls,had a friend off Pelee today and bite sucked, yesterday too,
    I had two youngsters aboard today with there uncle and dad which sat back and took it all in as these two astute young men went to work to aid me and my mate at Pt Pelee today, they were quick learners, one prize catch by the 10 year old yielded a 13lb sheephead as we too ensue to catch those behemoths for the first three hours as the walleye slept in for the sabbath day rest, however, they did awaken by the 11:00 hr. and we filled the boat up to the limits and by 2:00 we were tracking back our 20 mile run.
    Yesterday in a derby we caught our limits but it sure was a brute of a day with 3's and 4's and steady rain to boot to give us a good beating to our poor ole bodies.
    I'm whooped now and take some time off, that Pt Pelee bite sure is hot and some good jumbo perch in the mix. Caught 90% with 1/ and 2's oz inlines and harnesses 1.6 mph about 40 down in 30ft.
    Sure did appreciate those smiles from those young lads as they went off with great memories to brag about to there friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    nice to hear of your reports Juls,had a friend off Pelee today and bite sucked, yesterday too,
    I had two youngsters aboard today with there uncle and dad which sat back and took it all in as these two astute young men went to work to aid me and my mate at Pt Pelee today, they were quick learners, one prize catch by the 10 year old yielded a 13lb sheephead as we too ensue to catch those behemoths for the first three hours as the walleye slept in for the sabbath day rest, however, they did awaken by the 11:00 hr. and we filled the boat up to the limits and by 2:00 we were tracking back our 20 mile run.
    Yesterday in a derby we caught our limits but it sure was a brute of a day with 3's and 4's and steady rain to boot to give us a good beating to our poor ole bodies.
    I'm whooped now and take some time off, that Pt Pelee bite sure is hot and some good jumbo perch in the mix. Caught 90% with 1/ and 2's oz inlines and harnesses 1.6 mph about 40 down in 30ft.
    Sure did appreciate those smiles from those young lads as they went off with great memories to brag about to there friends.
    Awesome! Glad you had a great day...good job!
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters