Anyone drift/casting? Anyone drift/casting? Anyone drift/casting? Anyone drift/casting?

Default Anyone drift/casting?

I haven't been able to get more than 1-2 walleye on the west end of the lake. Friday I was all around water intake all I could catch were whiskered fish! I've also spent a lot of time in michigan water as far north as sterling state park. I really don't have the means to get out to the islands being I'm in an 18' bass boat. I just haven't seen many people casting, just wonderin if anyone could help. I keep hearing decent reports from the bait shop but I must be a day late. I'm throwing all colors parrish peas and spinner harnesses I tied up behind egg sinkers with all colors of beads and blades. I hope to hear some positive responses, I'm not ready to switch over to perch. The cats are fun to catch but it would be nice to mix in a few eyes. The last couple trips out I had no drift, I know that doesn't help but heck I'm casting an awful lot to not get nothin! I know I don't have an ideal lake erie walleye boat but just love the feel of them eyes on 7' light action rods. Help a brother out and fish on, thanks
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Default Caster

Sneak up early or late on any of the reef humps in your area,seems like there are allways a few resident walleye present.Sometimes a 1 count and other times just keep it moving over the bottom.We have done the best with gold and purple,gold and red, and solid gold.#4or#5 Colorado blades.Good Luck

Default no drift no problem

if there is no drift use your trolling motor just enough to get around 1mph and cast out to the side of the boat .

I don't know the answer, but you're not alone. We managed to pull 8 the first trip out this year, but haven't been able to pull more than 3 per trip since drifting/casting. Last year we hammered them - not sure what's different.

Default Humps

I have been casting on the reefs and they are producing very little as well, casted on humps for 3 hours on Friday and produced 1 walleye so we decided to perch fish. I have talked to some other guys on the reefs and they are struggling to.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the input. I was out from 7-330 today and got 2 eyes on consecutive casts then no more. They were about halfway between turnaround bouy and water intake. Got a few monster cats. And added 2 lucky yellows so I wound up with a meal anyway. I guess I'm just happy to get out, even if I only get a couple. Good luck to all.

150 Mercury 4 stroke

If you pick your days you should be able to get around the islands. I only have a 17-1/2' aluminum boat and I was out on West reef west of North Bass two weekends ago. There were 3 bass boats out there with me. Whenever I feel its nice enough for me to go and I ramp at Mazurk's I see all kinds of bass boats out there. Some in close bass fishing but plenty out fishing the islands even out to Kelly's shoal. I think for any numbers you'll probably have to head east, IMO.

Default Casting

I did well this week on the southwest corner of Kelleys Island. Gold worm harnesses on a 5 to 10 count. Fish were Shallow early and moved deeper as the sun got higher. fish ranged from 17" to 28". 5 of us limited out in 2 to 3 hours on Tuesday through Thursday.

Thanks again, guys. I am docked at lost peninsula. It would probably be better for me to keep the boat at home on the trailer but the convenience of living ten minutes away from the marina is hard to beat.I was just curious if anyone was having any luck west of west sister. I would rather eat walleye than perch so I am just having a hard time coming to terms with reality. Time to put eye gear up for a while or pull my boat east. Seems like the perch guys have been quite deep still anyhow. Has anyone hadcany luck casting spoons?

150 Mercury 4 stroke