Fishing with Dave Mattlin 7/18/14 Fishing with Dave Mattlin 7/18/14 Fishing with Dave Mattlin 7/18/14 Fishing with Dave Mattlin 7/18/14

Default Fishing with Dave Mattlin 7/18/14

Well, since the crew I originally had scheduled for today had to reschedule for Monday, I was able to fill today's slot with a repeat customer. Dave Mattlin saw my note on Facebook about the crew having to reschedule, and wanted to come back over to fish Erie again. This time he came alone though, because the last time he was here, his nephew got seasick, and his daughter took a nap up on the bow.

He got up at 1am to make the drive to my house from Indiana, and arrived here at 5:30 this morning. We headed back over to Huron, since my crew and I did very well there yesterday morning, and headed out of the channel at 6:30.

It's nice being one of the first boats on the water and watching the sun come up. There were two other boats in the vicinity of where I was planning on fishing, so we set down off plane, and set lines.
    It was a slower start than it was yesterday, but the fish were still there. They just weren't in a mood for breakfast yet. Within the first hour and a half we were able to put 4 fish in the boat, with one of them being a piggy fish.
    The white perch and white bass bite was insane and it was a constant effort to retrieve boards and re-bait hooks, but in the end it was worth the effort. Dave manage to catch his limit and then we worked on mine.

Dave lost a huge fish, but we never saw it. He said, "that fish is going to haunt me all the way home this afternoon". lol

We ended up with 10 walleye before we ran out of crawlers, and called it a day. Normally, that amount of crawlers will get me through two trips, but we fed the white species well today...ugh.

It was a beautiful day to be on the water, and we had a lot of fun, so it was a great day in my book.

Same program as yesterday...1oz 39-41 back with "Fried Chicken"/Copper Colorado blade with perch pattern beads, and double willow leaf harnesses behind #2 Tadpoles 35-50 back at 1.5mph. We fished in 25' of water both days.

Tomorrow's trip is a 6 hour perch trip with two repeat customers that went walleye fishing with me earlier this season, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Did I ever tell you, "I LOVE Perch fishing"?

I also get to put the new "Catch Counter" to use, and hopefully, we'll be throwing a lot of perch down the hole to test it out. Fingers crossed!

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

darn Juls, you were supposed to give me a Pelee update today....

is there anything going on east of Mills point in deeper water depths near our border?

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    darn Juls, you were supposed to give me a Pelee update today....

is there anything going on east of Mills point in deeper water depths near our border?
    Sorry!!! Those guys had to reschedule, so I almost didn't even have a trip at all today! But, a previous customer saw that I was open today and grabbed it up.

I haven't been up there lately, so I have no information to help you...so sorry.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Well, since the crew I originally had scheduled for today had to reschedule for Monday, I was able to fill today's slot with a repeat customer. Dave Mattlin saw my note on Facebook about the crew having to reschedule, and wanted to come back over to fish Erie again. This time he came alone though, because the last time he was here, his nephew got seasick, and his daughter took a nap up on the bow.

He got up at 1am to make the drive to my house from Indiana, and arrived here at 5:30 this morning. We headed back over to Huron, since my crew and I did very well there yesterday morning, and headed out of the channel at 6:30.

It's nice being one of the first boats on the water and watching the sun come up. There were two other boats in the vicinity of where I was planning on fishing, so we set down off plane, and set lines.
    It was a slower start than it was yesterday, but the fish were still there. They just weren't in a mood for breakfast yet. Within the first hour and a half we were able to put 4 fish in the boat, with one of them being a piggy fish.
    The white perch and white bass bite was insane and it was a constant effort to retrieve boards and re-bait hooks, but in the end it was worth the effort. Dave manage to catch his limit and then we worked on mine.

Dave lost a huge fish, but we never saw it. He said, "that fish is going to haunt me all the way home this afternoon". lol

We ended up with 10 walleye before we ran out of crawlers, and called it a day. Normally, that amount of crawlers will get me through two trips, but we fed the white species well today...ugh.

It was a beautiful day to be on the water, and we had a lot of fun, so it was a great day in my book.

Same program as yesterday...1oz 39-41 back with "Fried Chicken"/Copper Colorado blade with perch pattern beads, and double willow leaf harnesses behind #2 Tadpoles 35-50 back at 1.5mph. We fished in 25' of water both days.

Tomorrow's trip is a 6 hour perch trip with two repeat customers that went walleye fishing with me earlier this season, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Did I ever tell you, "I LOVE Perch fishing"?

I also get to put the new "Catch Counter" to use, and hopefully, we'll be throwing a lot of perch down the hole to test it out. Fingers crossed!

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Juls, about the new perch cooler....if you toss them in to fast the flap will bounce sometimes marking up 2. I've had to recount cause of that. just be easy on it= it is cool.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    Juls, about the new perch cooler....if you toss them in to fast the flap will bounce sometimes marking up 2. I've had to recount cause of that. just be easy on it= it is cool.
    Thanks for the heads up...
    [email protected]