Met my crew of John and Kathy Boreako, and their son Joe at the Walmart parking lot at 5:30, so we could ride together over to Huron to launch out of there this morning.

A beautiful sunrise greeted us as we left the channel and headed out to the dumping grounds to try our luck today. Using the same program that's been working the last few times over there, they got their morning instruction on how to properly hook the crawlers, attach Off Shore inline planers to the lines, and let the boards out to their proper positions behind, and out to the sides, of the boat.

They got the hang of it pretty quick. The bite was a little slow again at the start of their trip (full moon last night might have had something to do with the slow early morning bite), but by mid morning the bite started to pick up. We ended up with 14 nice walleye for the day, and they couldn't have been happier. They told me they all had a great time, and would like to do it again sometime.

I didn't get any fish pictures of them, because when I took the fish out of the net and asked if they wanted their picture taken, they said, "No". So, we just threw them on the ice in the cooler to keep them cold.

Little Joe said he caught the most fish today, so he's the "winner" (even though he handed off the pole to Dad when we got our one big "fish-o"..I guess we'll count that though, since he brought the board in)...

Mom, Kathy, has a contagious laugh and kept the mood in the boat upbeat and fun, even when the bite was slow. It was funny watching her reel in a fish, because she's a lefty using a right handed reel, and she struggled a little bit, but got the fish in the net, and that's all that matters!

The weather couldn't have been nicer, and there was just enough breeze to keep the little tickle bugs off of us (for the most part anyway). We did have one bumble bee come and land on my shirt, so he could rest a bit. But, when he started climbing up my sleeve towards my neck, it was time for him to go. He left, only to return to my white shirt sleeve two more times....only to be shoo'd off a little faster each time. He finally got the hint and flew to someone else's boat. I didn't see a stinger on him, but I wasn't taking that chance. lol

Tomorrow's trip to Point Pelee for perch has been rescheduled for a day with less wind in the forecast, so we can make it there and back safely, so it looks like I have the next four days off right now. Tomorrow and Tuesday are blocked off, but I have Monday and Wednesday open this week if anyone is interested in a charter. wink wink.

Stay tuned...

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html