Fishing with the Chapman's 7/10/14 Fishing with the Chapman's 7/10/14 Fishing with the Chapman's 7/10/14 Fishing with the Chapman's 7/10/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with the Chapman's 7/10/14

Well, you all know how much I have been wanting to get up to Canada to fish.... today, I had that chance. My customers, Steve Chapman and his son, Jeremy, got their Canadian Lic this morning at the Wharf and met me at Mazurik's at 7:30. We launched by 7:40 and headed out. There was a NE roll on the lake, so even though it looked flat, we couldn't go WOT like I was wishing I could. lol

It was a beautiful morning, but I was watching a storm headed right for the area I wanted to fish on the radar. It looked like it was going more north, but when we started fishing, we could see that it was a slow mover that was not going to miss us.

We made a half a pass on Mill Point, and couldn't even get all the boards out. We caught a bunch of sheephead, and two walleye (one was a nice fat 29 incher) before we spotted the first of three waterspouts to appear. The first was on the other side of Pelee, so we kept fishing. The second however, dropped down and hit the water behind us by about a mile or a mile and a half. That one looked like it was on track to hit us if we didn't pick up and move out of the way. That one dissipated as it got further away from the island though, and the second one appeared near the same area. I think the heat over the land mass was what was causing it, and as it moved away from the island they fell apart. There was a wall of rain though that also kept us out of there. My crew didn't have any rain gear with them, so we moved south and talked about what to do next. We decided to make the run back down to the area where I was fishing yesterday. I was so bummed! I waited so long to have customers who had their Canadian Lic, so I could go up there, and then this weather happened....arrrrggh!! Phooey.

Anyhooo....
    To make a long story short, because I still have to scrub the boat and cut the grass...ugh...
    We ran the same program as yesterday, and picked up 9 more walleye (one short of their two man limit before we ran out of time). Jeremy was cracking me up with his whining about the sheephead and when he thought he had another one on, it turned out to be a big fat 30 inch walleye! Which, by the way, he is now having mounted, as it was the biggest walleye he's caught to date, and it was a great memory for today.

I'll be running back to Mill Point tomorrow with new customers (a Father and his two teenage daughters), so we'll try it again. It should be fun keeping the girls busy reeling in all the sheephead up there. But, I'm confident there are some big walleye up there too.

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Captain how are you? I also enjoy your posts. When you fish Mill Point, do you just go around or over or all over the area? Can you pick up a client at the Pelee Club at Sheridan Point at the NW part of Pelee Island? The fishing is great right in front of the club! Good fishing! Peleewalleyeguy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peleewalleyeguy View Post
    Hey Captain how are you? I also enjoy your posts. When you fish Mill Point, do you just go around or over or all over the area? Can you pick up a client at the Pelee Club at Sheridan Point at the NW part of Pelee Island? The fishing is great right in front of the club! Good fishing! Peleewalleyeguy.
    I fish all over and around the island up there.

I have never picked anyone up over there. I think that would mean "touching land", and I don't know what those rules are, because I always just fished and came back without touching land.

I am not familiar with the club or it's location...sorry.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The Pelee Club has been there since 1883. it was founded by some successful businessmen. It sits on the North West corner of Pelee Island on Sheridan Point named after one of our founders General Phillip Sheridan who was US Grant's second in command in the Civil War. He was at the signing of the peace treaty with Robert E. Lee. Other founders were Marshall Field, George Pullman, of the railroad car name, and Robert Todd Lincoln, President Lincoln's son. We have over 13 acres and places to put your boat, a dock, a 25 bedroom lodge with full kitchen, bar, card and billiard rooms, and even an old bowling alley. You ought to come see us sometime. The fishing right in front of the club is fantastic and Lighthouse Point is great also. Good Fishing! Peleewalleyeguy.

Post Thanks / Like

The Pelee Club has been there since 1883. it was founded by some successful businessmen. It sits on the North West corner of Pelee Island on Sheridan Point named after one of our founders General Phillip Sheridan who was US Grant's second in command in the Civil War. He was at the signing of the peace treaty with Robert E. Lee. Other founders were Marshall Field, George Pullman, of the railroad car name, and Robert Todd Lincoln, President Lincoln's son. We have over 13 acres and places to put your boat, a dock, a 25 bedroom lodge with full kitchen, bar, card and billiard rooms, and even an old bowling alley. You ought to come see us sometime. The fishing right in front of the club is fantastic and Lighthouse Point is great also. Good Fishing! Peleewalleyeguy.
    Thanks for the history lesson..

Sounds like a nice place.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted you to know what that gigantic house on the NW corner of Pelee Island was. The Pelee Club!

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted you to know what that gigantic house on the NW corner of Pelee Island was. The Pelee Club!
    Roger that! I think my ex probably told me that once. He grew up in the area, and taught me most of everything I know about fishing Lake Erie. He doesn't get out on the lake anymore, due to health reasons, but he was one of the best fishermen on Lake Erie...hands down.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

was out fishing same day there was 7 waterspouts to be seen off of Colchester, what a sight to see, never will I witness that again.
    eventually fished off of Sheridan's point Pelee Is and caught my limit, they were in very close to shore, 1/4 mile out, did fish east side and got some good chunk over there, lots of seaweed west side, eventually this will all sink to the bottom as the water clears and gets more stable..