Fishing with the Slaughter Brothers 7/9/14 Fishing with the Slaughter Brothers 7/9/14 Fishing with the Slaughter Brothers 7/9/14 Fishing with the Slaughter Brothers 7/9/14

Default Fishing with the Slaughter Brothers 7/9/14

Kenny Slaughter and his younger brother, Stas, met me at my house this morning at 6:15am. Since they were driving in from the west, we would ride together over to Huron to launch.

After this rain and wind we just had I wasn't sure if those fish that were over there last week would still be there. The steam in the smoke stacks was bent over from a SE wind when we left the channel, so I headed to my numbers from last Thursday and set up short of them to set lines.

It wasn't long before two fish were on at the same time, really good fish that took the boards way back, but we lost both of them before we could see if they were walleye or sheephead. (But, we all know sheephead never come off...lol)

A few more minutes passed and we had our first eater walleye in the boat. So, I started feeling pretty confident that the fish were still there. A little while later Stas caught a Fish-Ohio and Kenny caught another eater walleye. We picked up lines to go make another pass, and by this time the winds were going a little more westerly, so I adjusted my pass to stay on a 40' break, where we seemed to be catching the most fish.

By the end of their 6 hours, we had their 12 fish, with the biggest one measuring 30 inches. Woot! Woot!

#2 Tadpoles 65-70 back with both double willow leaf harnesses and single #5 and #6 colorado harnesses were very productive today, and a 1oz inline 70 back with gold and orange beads and a #6 gold blade did a lot of damage today too. Speed was 1.5 today.

By the chatter on the radio, it was a slow bite for a lot of folks, so I guess we got lucky. We had an absolute blast today!

I'll be taking my regular customers (same guys I had in Huron last Thursday) up to Canadian waters tomorrow to fish the east side of Pelee for walleye and bass. I hope we get into them up there too.

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default area???

Hi, just the wife and i coming up from Columbus tomorrow never fished that area any pointers.... how many miles out ???? Straight north east or west would love to get on a few fish and home early... how deep are the fish ???? Thanks

check your PM's...
    [email protected]

Nice fish. Always enjoy reading your blog

Quote Originally Posted by FearGod View Post
    Nice fish. Always enjoy reading your blog
    Thanks for reading it...
    [email protected]

Blog Entries

Default good reading the catching reports

Been very busy with work and other congregation responsibilities and with the international convention coming up this weekend in Indianapolis just have not been able to fish all year, however reading all you folks fishing and catching reports make it a little easier I really hope to get out by the end of the month for a 3 day fishing trip so keep up the reports I really enjoy them .