Need some advice Need some advice Need some advice Need some advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need some advice

A friend and I are looking to book a trip for BIG fish sometime between the end of July and the end of the year. I know guys are catching some big fish now but I won't be able to get out the next two weekends. When would we have the best chance at a consistent big fish bite? I've heard good and bad about late fall night time trolling but am definitely interested in that. What do you guys think?

Default Big fish

I think I would talk to Jim, aka, Skipper 9. He usually does some big fish trips when it gets going in July. Mike

Default all big ones

Boat #2 is in Geneva Ohio for summer trolling for hogs. Deep clean water that holds the migrating big ones the your wall is waiting for. 8 pound average most days with chances up 14 pound. The 22 inchers that show up occasionally you start to measure to see if they are legal. Call me for info and possible open dates for your group. Pic is an average days size.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need some advice-ashtabula-walleye-2010-jpg 
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Pm sent.......,.

Default Blue Dolphin charters

Look up Blue Dolphin charters if you have 3 guys or less . Gary and his son Nicholas are hog catching machines and follows the fish as the season goes . Never a long boat ride so more fishing time . Check out his post on Ohio game fishing .com and you will see what I mean.

Dale

PS. Here is his report with pictures from the past weekend .

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...d.php?t=261243
    Last edited by fishhead315; 07-08-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

We have been catching big fish near the lorain sandbar for a couple weeks now. Take a look at our facebook page for our pictures. We have some openings left. Please give us a call we can put groups together. It should just get better and better. 614.327.7144

Default charters

get ahold of skipper9 he an his crew will put you on the fish. and also will help you put fish in your own boat when others aint catching. top notch in my book. dave

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeerieguy View Post
    Lots of us Captains are catching big fish around the Lorain dump. No big secret there.Many Captains coming out of the Lorain area and do not need to run an hour to the fish and an hour back to the West end marinas giving you less fishing time. Less travel time to and from the spot gives you more fishing time.

Gary Zart is a good choice for a smaller 3 man trip with many local boats leaving from Lorain for 6 pack trips. Many boats from the West End also charge an extra gas charge due to the distance they are running .

Compare apples to apples when looking. Less travel time, less per person, and more fishing time from Lorain charters. Longer boat rides, more expensive, less fishing time for the West and East Harbor guys.

Goid Luck
    Sounds like you have a problem with the east harbor guys or just skipper 9 since everybody knows what harbor he docks from. I've been watching and listening to all you bs over the past year and finally decided to say something about it why don't you play nice or reveal who you are instead of just talking everyone else. Besides I've fished with skipper 9 on a couple walkons the past few years he only needs a couple hours to limit the latest we were ever back to dock on the trips I was on was noon. So maybe you just need the extra time more people would like you if your weren't a dick.

Default the truth? ?

The gentleman asked for opinions and I gave him mine . Nothing against Jim what so ever . Never said one bad thing in my post about anyone did I ?.Just threw some info out their for the OP like he asked . Sounds like you are trying to stir the pot to get something started.

Good Luck

Sorry then sir I must have misunderstood you. My apologies just had some great times with capt jim the 2 times I been out with him. Seemed like after he posted your post was kinda pointed towards him. Sorry for the misunderstanding.