Boat Launch 4th July Weekend Boat Launch 4th July Weekend Boat Launch 4th July Weekend Boat Launch 4th July Weekend

Default Boat Launch 4th July Weekend

Anyone have recommendations for a less crowded boat launch for this weekend? Maybe a launch the runs more efficiently. Last holiday weekend I was out was labor day weekend and we waited about 45 minutes at the ramp at Mazurik's to get off the lake with a cooler full of perch. (Sure would like to have another cooler full of perch this weekend). The wait wasn't the issue as much as people just being ignorant and displaying a lack of sportsmanship to fellow boaters. The boat is trailered from Fremont and we will be looking for perch. So possibly B can area or anywhere else for perch. Are pay ramps usually less crowded? Also, kicked around the issue of just renting a dock for the weekend, but haven't been able to find a reasonable deal.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for reading my first post on walleye.com!

Trent

There are a lot of transient docks available around West harbor and East harbor. The problem at the ramps are the pleasure boaters/ jet skis that have zero bit of common sense and are rude. March , April you don't have any problems at the ramps no matter how crowded they may be because they are all fishermen.

Default Fishermen do it too!

I don't know that the fisherman are much better. I can't believe all the guys who block the dock while they wait for their buddies to walk from the parking lot or go get the trailer. Is it that difficult to launch and pull over to the pier to pick up the rest of the crew or the guy who is parking the trailer or wait until the trailer is backed into the water before you take up the dock? I've seen times when every dock is taken up with people standing there holding ropes!

One of my biggest pet peeves!

But to OP....wild wings is closer to b can area and there is never much of a crowd over there, you can also rent a dock for the weekend. I know there are several other launches in that area that someone else could probably give info on.
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 07-03-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Additional info

Default Try Turtle Creek

I like Turtle Creek Campground and Marina. They have a nice launch and quite a few docks to rent. Not sure if docks will be available without a reservation this weekend, but at least the ramp is not normally crowded. And they have excellent fish cleaning facilities, restrooms, etc. Turn north on Humphreys Rd at the Happy Hooker Bait and Tackle shop.

have you thought of fishing huron??
    the city ramp is free with plenty of trailer parking and the perch are at the huron dumping grounds just north west of the light house, 2 man limit in 4 hours there a few days ago. smaller fish though....good luck

Quote Originally Posted by stubby View Post
    have you thought of fishing huron??
    the city ramp is free with plenty of trailer parking and the perch are at the huron dumping grounds just north west of the light house, 2 man limit in 4 hours there a few days ago. smaller fish though....good luck
    I'm not familiar with the huron side of the lake. Would be a fun trip. Will be going out with my more experienced father and brother so maybe they have some experience of Huron and will want to give that a try.

We frequently use turtle creek, just wondered if the crowd found them on the holiday weekends or not.

Thanks for all the help already!

Default Early Launch

If I launch on a holiday weekend I will launch just before daybreak to miss the crowd. Otherwise I stay away holiday weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bordy View Post
    I like Turtle Creek Campground and Marina. They have a nice launch and quite a few docks to rent. Not sure if docks will be available without a reservation this weekend, but at least the ramp is not normally crowded. And they have excellent fish cleaning facilities, restrooms, etc. Turn north on Humphreys Rd at the Happy Hooker Bait and Tackle shop.
    $10 launch fee

Default ramps

magee east 5'00 ramp fee. pretty sure you can rent a dock also great bunch of people there. dave