Fishing with the Chapman's 7/2/14 Fishing with the Chapman's 7/2/14 Fishing with the Chapman's 7/2/14 Fishing with the Chapman's 7/2/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with the Chapman's 7/2/14

What a fun day on the water today! First, I want to say thanks to Jason Pelz and Matt Sell for their help in giving me a starting point, or an area. Again, since it wasn't my info, I was asked not to blog it. All I can say is that I launched out of Huron today and fished 35-40 foot of water.

The fish to the west of the islands are just too scattered and small for my liking, and there are better fish to the North in Canada and to the east of Kelly's. As much as I like fishing Canada, I just can't seem to get people to pay the 22 bucks to go fish up there with me this season...sigh. I don't get it.

Anyhoo....
    We ran 1oz inline 41-60 back and #2 Tadpoles 45-65 back. 65 back was the ticket today. The trusty bottom bouncer produced mostly sheephead, but did catch one big walleye today. Speed was 1.5-1.6 mph.

We caught their two man limit with four of them being Fish-Ohio's..woot! woot!

Gold blades were hot today along with orange and gold beads. My Pink Lemonade harness always produces and the blade had the shiny pink underbelly with a black topside with pink dots. We ran both double willow leaf harnesses and single #5 and #6 Colorado blade harnesses. At some point, every harness got hit.

The winds were out of the Southwest at 10-15, and it blew a little harder in the early afternoon after a rain cloud cooled us off a little bit with a shower.

Steve Chapman and his son, Jeremy, were happy happy happy with their catch today, and will be back a few more times this month to hit the water again. Jeremy said, "I think my fish today was the biggest walleye I've ever caught", so that was cool.

Steve's brother (who has fished with me before) was on the phone on our way in, and said he wants to book another trip very soon too. I can't ask for more than that!

Tomorrow is another trip out of Huron with the folks I perch fished with this past Sunday, and now they want some walleye, so I'm hoping those fish stick around for another day.

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

I fished a little west of you today took my neighbor out for some casting we landed 6 in a few hours, it was a nice change of pace we had 1 29 incher and a 26 the rest eaters. A 1 oz on a 10 count was the trick. just went outside and the mayflies are everywhere, must have been a hatch tonight. Its getting choppy out there 1 to 3s out of the nw

Post Thanks / Like

Change of plans...going to pick a better day to fish with today's clients. They are local, so we have that luxury. Calling for showers, WNW winds, waves 1-3 feet....sigh
    So, for the rest of you fishing today...you're welcome! Because, now that we have rescheduled, I'm sure it will be beautiful out there today....lol
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Any perch reports thanks