Fishing with (Spider) Ray and his Friend Ed 6/28/14 Fishing with (Spider) Ray and his Friend Ed 6/28/14 Fishing with (Spider) Ray and his Friend Ed 6/28/14 Fishing with (Spider) Ray and his Friend Ed 6/28/14

Default Fishing with (Spider) Ray and his Friend Ed 6/28/14

I left the house at 5am this morning, even though I wasn't meeting my crew at Mazurik's until 6:45, because I had to gas up the boat, grab some worms and ice from Hi Way Bait, and wanted to re-rig some rods at Mazurik's while I waited for them.

However, I ran into other fishermen at the gas station, and at the bait shop, and of course, we talked fishing, so my time was running out. I did manage to get everything re-rigged and launched by 7am though. Woot! Woot!

I changed things up and didn't want to go back to the west side of North Bass, because it's the weekend, and I figured it would be packed up there. My crew from the other day were still in town and decided to go back up there, rather than search out a new area, so I kept tabs on what was happening up there. They said it started out slow, but when I called them at noon, they had 20 in the box and had 4 more to go. Nice....

I, on the other hand, opted to go east between Kelly's and Vermilion.
    Mornings like this though, I wished it was cloudy, as the sun was blinding me going that direction. I'm sorry, but since someone else gave me the numbers, and asked that I not publish the area in my blog, I have to respect their wishes.
    What I can tell you, is that I was trolling with the double willow leaf harnesses that Larry Lambert made up for me last year behind #2 Tadpoles and Off Shore boards 60-90 back. 60 and 65 were the best, if I remember correctly.
    I also had my trusty bottom bouncer off the corner, but switched out the 4oz weight for the 6oz weight, and used a single blade crawler harness. My speed was kept between 1.5-1.7mph. (The BB caught 3 walleye)

I was forced to do a lot of turning, due to the amount of boats in the area, and all the fish told me was that some liked it faster and some liked it slower...they hit on both sides of turn...lol

We had their two man limit with in 2 1/2 hours. I would have said three, but it took a 1/2 hour to get there. There were a few small ones in the mix, but most were really nice chunky eaters...along with one nice piggy.

I had a fun day with Ray Stintsman and his friend Ed this morning. Lots of fun with Ed, but Ray was like that big brother that purposely does stuff to irritate you and get a rise out of you until you want to yell, "Mommmmmmmm! Make him STOP!!" lol But, it was all in fun, and we got the job done. That's all that matters.

Tomorrow is going to be another fun day, because I finally get to go Perch fishing again, and this time with a good friend, and his two friends. Looking forward to it.

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html

Stay tuned....
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default How far east?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    I left the house at 5am this morning, even though I wasn't meeting my crew at Mazurik's until 6:45, because I had to gas up the boat, grab some worms and ice from Hi Way Bait, and wanted to re-rig some rods at Mazurik's while I waited for them.

However, I ran into other fishermen at the gas station, and at the bait shop, and of course, we talked fishing, so my time was running out. I did manage to get everything re-rigged and launched by 7am though. Woot! Woot!

I changed things up and didn't want to go back to the west side of North Bass, because it's the weekend, and I figured it would be packed up there. My crew from the other day were still in town and decided to go back up there, rather than search out a new area, so I kept tabs on what was happening up there. They said it started out slow, but when I called them at noon, they had 20 in the box and had 4 more to go. Nice....

I, on the other hand, opted to go east between Kelly's and Vermilion.
    Mornings like this though, I wished it was cloudy, as the sun was blinding me going that direction. I'm sorry, but since someone else gave me the numbers, and asked that I not publish the area in my blog, I have to respect their wishes.
    What I can tell you, is that I was trolling with the double willow leaf harnesses that Larry Lambert made up for me last year behind #2 Tadpoles and Off Shore boards 60-90 back. 60 and 65 were the best, if I remember correctly.
    I also had my trusty bottom bouncer off the corner, but switched out the 4oz weight for the 6oz weight, and used a single blade crawler harness. My speed was kept between 1.5-1.7mph. (The BB caught 3 walleye)

I was forced to do a lot of turning, due to the amount of boats in the area, and all the fish told me was that some liked it faster and some liked it slower...they hit on both sides of turn...lol

We had their two man limit with in 2 1/2 hours. I would have said three, but it took a 1/2 hour to get there. There were a few small ones in the mix, but most were really nice chunky eaters...along with one nice piggy.

I had a fun day with Ray Stintsman and his friend Ed this morning. Lots of fun with Ed, but Ray was like that big brother that purposely does stuff to irritate you and get a rise out of you until you want to yell, "Mommmmmmmm! Make him STOP!!" lol But, it was all in fun, and we got the job done. That's all that matters.

Tomorrow is going to be another fun day, because I finally get to go Perch fishing again, and this time with a good friend, and his two friends. Looking forward to it.

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html

Stay tuned....
    Just curious about how far from Mazuriks you had to run? To keep your promise you don't have to be specific, I just want to know if it's worth running east or west.

Default 2 miles west of North Bass

I got 11 today with tt 50 back with worm burners...with gold color on one side and orange/copper on the other side......also my 2 oz inline got a 8lber at 60 back.....with a green worm harness and a big colorado blade...not sure size.....also blue berry muffin worm burner did catch a couple eyes.....we got one 7 and two six lb fish and a few 2-3 plus eaters. fished 9:15 to 2:30pm

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
    Just curious about how far from Mazuriks you had to run? To keep your promise you don't have to be specific, I just want to know if it's worth running east or west.
    "Mornings like this though, I wished it was cloudy, as the sun was blinding me going that direction."

"We had their two man limit with in 2 1/2 hours. I would have said three, but it took a 1/2 hour to get there."

You didn't figure it out yet? lol
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by faithwalker View Post
    I got 11 today with tt 50 back with worm burners...with gold color on one side and orange/copper on the other side......also my 2 oz inline got a 8lber at 60 back.....with a green worm harness and a big colorado blade...not sure size.....also blue berry muffin worm burner did catch a couple eyes.....we got one 7 and two six lb fish and a few 2-3 plus eaters. fished 9:15 to 2:30pm
    Good job!
    [email protected]