Fishing report for 6/26 Fishing report for 6/26 Fishing report for 6/26 Fishing report for 6/26
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing report for 6/26

The day started off as expected with LEfriend who was my guest today showing
    up at my boat at about 7:30am as planned. We got loaded up and organized and were headed out @ 7:45am. We made it to the river mouth with no problems and made it thru the channel without incident to be greeted by a patrol boat for the firing range. It was my intentions to run to the area around Green where the fish have been for the past 3 or 4 weeks. The person in the patrol boat said outer range was closed due to firing .50 cal rounds today. So we headed along the west side of the firing range until we got to the buoy line marking the north border. I decided to look for fish on the Northern edge of the firing range but was greeted with an empty screen on the sonar. So we ran east of the range and headed for NW reef area with few marks. We finally saw a few marks and started to fish North East of NW reef near the Canadian border.

We caught a lot of white perch and several sheep head but no Eyes while trolling toward Green. Once we got to the scattered pack of boats between
    Green and Rattlesnake we caught our first eye. We managed to catch 4 keepers with a few throw backs with every walleye coming on a Gold blade worm harnesses.

The high light of my day was a fish Ohio sheephead that was all of 30++ inches long. It sank the board and kept it sunk for almost the whole way back to the boat.

The best part of the whole day was the pleasure of meeting for the first time and fishing with LEfriend, he is a really nice person and excellent fisherman and I enjoyed his company.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

gold anything is always my go to color for eyes when things are slow. sometimes even in bright sunlight and especially in early evening.
    sometimes after i throw the whole tackle box at them, just tying on a gold whatever usually brings the fish
    sounds like you had a great day.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    The day started off as expected with LEfriend who was my guest today showing
    up at my boat at about 7:30am as planned. We got loaded up and organized and were headed out @ 7:45am. We made it to the river mouth with no problems and made it thru the channel without incident to be greeted by a patrol boat for the firing range. It was my intentions to run to the area around Green where the fish have been for the past 3 or 4 weeks. The person in the patrol boat said outer range was closed due to firing .50 cal rounds today. So we headed along the west side of the firing range until we got to the buoy line marking the north border. I decided to look for fish on the Northern edge of the firing range but was greeted with an empty screen on the sonar. So we ran east of the range and headed for NW reef area with few marks. We finally saw a few marks and started to fish North East of NW reef near the Canadian border.

We caught a lot of white perch and several sheep head but no Eyes while trolling toward Green. Once we got to the scattered pack of boats between
    Green and Rattlesnake we caught our first eye. We managed to catch 4 keepers with a few throw backs with every walleye coming on a Gold blade worm harnesses.

The high light of my day was a fish Ohio sheephead that was all of 30++ inches long. It sank the board and kept it sunk for almost the whole way back to the boat.

The best part of the whole day was the pleasure of meeting for the first time and fishing with LEfriend, he is a really nice person and excellent fisherman and I enjoyed his company.
    It was my pleasure Derald. Great and enjoyable day on the lake with you even though fish had a bit lockjaw! I probably brought bad luck! Knew when the alarm went off 45 min late it wouldn't be my day. Confirmed when I left house half hour late (two hours away) to find dense fog, then gridlock due to a wreck in Findlay, which resulted in long backtrack. That was followed by two detours...second south of Oak Harbor meant I ended up all the way to Port Clinton to cross Portage and backtrack to Beef Creek. Icing on the cake was when nature quickly called and I stopped at rest area on Rt 2, only to find "restrooms closed sign". Amazed I made it by 7:30. So I probably brought a little "skunk on the boat" minute I stepped on. But how can one call it bad luck when you spend a beautiful day on the lake fishing with a good fisherman... so I did indeed end up lucky! Steve