Fishing Report 6/26/14 Fun Day Today! :) Fishing Report 6/26/14 Fun Day Today! :) Fishing Report 6/26/14 Fun Day Today! :) Fishing Report 6/26/14 Fun Day Today! :)

Default Fishing Report 6/26/14 Fun Day Today! :)

First, let me say, "What an AWESOME day"!

Not because the fishing was on fire, but because my crew was absolutely outstanding!

They arrived in Port Clinton this morning at 3:30, after traveling all night. I get up at 3:30...lol

They were traveling in a 40' RV with their boat towed behind it. Cliff and Mike Sr. would be fishing out of his boat, and I would take their two sons, Jeff and Mike Jr.

I went over the program with the Cliff and Mike, so they knew what to use and told them just to follow me. Launching their boat behind that beast of an RV was a challenge at Catawba State Park, due to the funny angle of the launch and the massive room it needs to maneuver, but they did it! Luckily, the launch wasn't too busy when we got there. Whew!

We started out by Rattle Snake Island and worked the inside area between the islands....not good. We picked up one, and the other boat picked up two there, I think.

We picked up lines and headed up to the west side of North Bass and trolled a pass I made the other day, and picked up a fish right away. The other boat radioed that they had just picked up a hog, and were delighted.

We worked that area east of the pack and ended up with a total of 9 walleye in my boat and 9 or 10 walleye in the other boat. So, like I said, it wasn't a great bite...and, it seemed to die off around 11am when the wind disappeared and the sun was high in the sky.

Same program...#2 Tadpoles 27-35 back and 1oz inlines 41-63 back. Speed was 1.5-1.8 with the current and 1.4-1.6 against the current, so not much of a difference there.

The reason I said my crew was outstanding is, because even though they were working on no sleep at all, I only had to show these guys once how to rig the crawlers and set lines. They had it after that like they had been doing it all their lives. These guys are good fishermen, and fish Lake Michigan for Salmon quite often, but didn't do the walleye thing very often.

They will be fishing out of their boat the rest of the weekend, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that they will be successful.

I marked a map for them, showing them where the walleye and perch spots were that I thought would produce for them, so I hope it pans out for them. I have a feeling though, that I will see them tomorrow in the same spot, since there's no reason to leave fish to find fish, right?

It was a really fun day for me, and it was nice spending the day with some folks from my home state of Wisconsin!

Good luck tomorrow guys! See you out there!

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Perch?

Where would you recommend a guy to go for perch right now?

Quote Originally Posted by jigginfool View Post
    Where would you recommend a guy to go for perch right now?
    I'm headed up to Taco Bell on Sunday for perch.

We caught a couple nice ones trolling near there yesterday and today for walleye.

I marked what looked like perch all through the North Bass area and in between North Bass and Sugar island.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters