Church TX44 board problems Church TX44 board problems Church TX44 board problems Church TX44 board problems

Default Church TX44 board problems

I recently purchased a pair of these because I was led to believe that I needed a larger board to run 40 jets. The problem I encountered was the braided line slipping through the factory clip. Even after adjusting the spring tension on the clip, the board would still end up sliding almost to the diver. Anyone else ever have this problem? If so is there a quick fix or a better replacement clip available? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskieslayer View Post
    I recently purchased a pair of these because I was led to believe that I needed a larger board to run 40 jets. The problem I encountered was the braided line slipping through the factory clip. Even after adjusting the spring tension on the clip, the board would still end up sliding almost to the diver. Anyone else ever have this problem? If so is there a quick fix or a better replacement clip available? Thanks in advance.
    Both! You can leave out the desired amount of line and then half hitch a rubber band tightly on the line between the clip and the pin. I believe it is a number 16 rubber band. The rubber band will stop the board from sliding once it makes contact with the clip. The closer to the clip the better. You can also purchase the Lock-Jaw clip and that will stop the slide also. I believe the Off Shore snapper release/clip would also work on the TX-44 board. I have a set of TX-44's and don't use them very often as they pull so hard. The clips that come with them are designed for wire line or lead core line. They may work with some of the mono lines also. I know as I have been there and done that. The rubber band works well and will go thru most rod tips so it does not have to be removed every time you bring in your board just wind it onto the reel.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thank you much, wakina. I'll give that a try, and yes they do pull hard. Is there another alternative that will work equally well pulling 40 jets? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskieslayer View Post
    Thank you much, wakina. I'll give that a try, and yes they do pull hard. Is there another alternative that will work equally well pulling 40 jets? Thanks again.
    I have been pulling the jet 40's which I have not used in 3 or 4 years and then the newer tru-trip 40s with the TX-22 boards for several years, and before that I was pulling the jet 40's with the regular walleye boards by Church Tackle. Yes they pull a little harder and move a little more to the back but they still form that V away from the boat. The bottom line is that, they get the job done without any problems, you would be surprised.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

I pull the Church TX-22's and have had them slip some with the thinner diameter braid. I just wrap the line around the bottom of the clip and back through the jaws a second time and haven't had any more problems. It only takes a fraction of a second longer to set. When reeling in a fish, just open the clip and the line comes right out.

John

Quote Originally Posted by imrsmk View Post
    I pull the Church TX-22's and have had them slip some with the thinner diameter braid. I just wrap the line around the bottom of the clip and back through the jaws a second time and haven't had any more problems. It only takes a fraction of a second longer to set. When reeling in a fish, just open the clip and the line comes right out.

John
    Once the braid slips thru the clip that Particular clip is useless for use as intended, and you can wrap them as imrsmk has indicated, there is an upgraded clip available that will hold braid really well. It is churchs super clip and they cost about $15 for a 2 pack.

I just upgraded one of my old clips that came with the original set of TX-22 boards. I had already upgraded my other original board. The thinner the braid the more likely it is to slide thru the clip.

It is imperative that you have that clip adjusted tight enough so the braid does not slip thru it. Also make sure that you get the line as far back into the clip as possible when attaching your board. One way to check is to take a short pc. of the line that you are using on your reel and try to pull it thru the clip, if it slips a little bit tighten down the tension screw until you have no slippage with a moderate pull.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Blog Entries

Default Clips

The lock jaw clips work great.

Another option that is really easy is to turn the pinch clip around the opposite way-the open end should be where the thumb tension clip normally is. Physics keeps the line from sliding out.

Quote Originally Posted by BZZ View Post

Another option that is really easy is to turn the pinch clip around the opposite way-the open end should be where the thumb tension clip normally is. Physics keeps the line from sliding out.
    It took me a minute to figure out how that would work but I finally got the visual. So by turning the clip around backwards you are saying the force of the line pulling will actually pull the line deeper into the bite of the clip. Sounds good to me! I will give this a try. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by BZZ View Post

On the TX44 boards, the clip is already reversed (open end where the line is attached facing towards the board) and they still slip. I will give the rubber band idea a try or give the line an extra loop around the clip.