Day one of a Two Day Charter with Denny, Dave, and Blake 6/22/14 Day one of a Two Day Charter with Denny, Dave, and Blake 6/22/14 Day one of a Two Day Charter with Denny, Dave, and Blake 6/22/14 Day one of a Two Day Charter with Denny, Dave, and Blake 6/22/14

Default Day one of a Two Day Charter with Denny, Dave, and Blake 6/22/14

Yesterday was a nice morning...no wind, and pleasant temperatures. I picked Denny, Dave, and Dave's son, Blake, up at their hotel, and we headed to Hi Way Bait for some ice, and then on to Big Boppers for some breakfast.

We launched at Mazurik's at 7:15 and headed up to Canadian waters on the west side of Pelee Island, where my crew and I from yesterday finished off our afternoon with good success.

I thought it would be a faster bite yesterday, but when the sun came out and the wind died, so did the bite. We managed to boat 16 nice fish with two of them Fish-O's, so my crew was happy with their results. We kept teasing Denny because he lost two nice fish. The kind that just come off, but his partners made sure that he knew it was HIS fault. (it was funny).
    The nice thing about fishing up there is that there are very few junk fish stealing our crawlers. However, when the winds died, those ticklish flies swarmed us. You know, the kind that turn your clothing into bug spattered art...ugh.

Once my crew got the trolling system down, they worked well together, and we weren't tripping over each other anymore. I'm thinking today will be a lot easier since they already know what they are doing now.

We started out with the 1oz 35-45 back and # 2 Tadpoles 27-45 back, but when the sun was high in the sky, and the wind died, Blake was changing up the entire port side, and set his own numbers (much deeper). He ran the outside 1oz 63 back, middle 1oz 73 back, and the #2 Tadpole at 53 back. He picked up a fish on both the 63, and 73 back, so moving them deeper was a good decision. I left the starboard side at the original numbers and we picked up another on the 1oz 41 back. The bottom bouncer we had out caught mostly sheephead, but it did catch one nice walleye, and lost a couple more. (sheephead never come off..lol)
    Blades that worked best were blades that had pink, antifreeze, and purple undersides. I didn't have any copper out, but those would have probably worked pretty well too.

Today we are headed back to the west side of Middle Bass to fish in there. I know there are a lot of fish there, but with all the pleasure boaters on the weekends, I just didn't want to put up with that nonsense yesterday. We made a good decision to go up to Canada. It was a very nice day with very enjoyable company. Heck, they're from my neck of the woods up in Wisco, so of course they are great people! hehehe

Boat's all cleaned up for today's trip...

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html

Stay tuned...
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 06-23-2014 at 02:52 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Day Two a little slower....

It was another nice morning to go fishing today. The winds were light and variable at 6am when we launched from Catawba, and the waves were calm. We headed up to the west side of Middle Bass, where I had been having success with other charters this past week, but I didn't want to fish there yesterday, with all the Put-in-Bay pleasure boat traffic happening.

We weren't having the bite I had hoped for, (only caught two there and a mess of big sheephead), so we moved up to the west side of North Bass to troll from the north side of West Reef up to the Red Buoy up on the line.We were fishing 32' of water with crawler harnesses behind 1oz inlines 35-45' back and the #2 Tadpoles 27-35 back. Same colors as yesterday. We managed to get 6 more nice walleye up there, and missed a couple. One was a nice "Fish-O" too.

We ended the 6 hour trip with only 8 today, but the guys expressed how much fun they had the past two days, so that made me happy.

When I got home I cleaned up the boat and got the grass cut just in time for some storms to move through the area. I hope everyone was off the lake, because winds of 50-60mph were reported with these storms...ugh.

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled by the customer for July 2nd, because of a 70% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the forecast, so it looks like I have a day off tomorrow to catch up on some things around here.

So, long story short...I'll be back at it again on Wednesday...stay tuned!

http://julswalleyefishingadvent.homestead.com/Blog.html
    [email protected]

Im def not an expert walleye fisherman, but trust me when i say. 1 1/2 milesNNW of the west reef buoy. Its HOT. From the red buoy head right towards east sister. Ull get right into em.

Quote Originally Posted by hot-n-tot501 View Post
    Im def not an expert walleye fisherman, but trust me when i say. 1 1/2 milesNNW of the west reef buoy. Its HOT. From the red buoy head right towards east sister. Ull get right into em.
    Thanks for the info, I saw all the boats out there today. I just usually like to stay out of the packs and find other fish no one else is on at the moment. My guys had plenty of meat, so they weren't to worried about it. They just wanted to relax and have some fun.

I might go there tomorrow and Thursday though, because tomorrow is a quick 4 hour trip and Thursday is a "training session", and the more fish to train on the better....
    [email protected]