6/21/14 Fishing Report...Fun Day! 6/21/14 Fishing Report...Fun Day! 6/21/14 Fishing Report...Fun Day! 6/21/14 Fishing Report...Fun Day!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/21/14 Fishing Report...Fun Day!

As a moderator on Walleye Central, it's always a pleasure when I get to meet one of the members, but even more fun when I get to fish with one of them!

Karl Scherer and his nephew, Anthony, met me at Catawba launch this morning at 9am. Because of winds early this morning, we opted for the later launch time.

We headed up to the west side of Middle Bass, where I had success the previous trip out, and a friend had done very well there yesterday too.

Same program as usual (see previous reports)...nothing new there.

After picking away at 7 nice eaters, we picked it all up and headed up towards the west side of North Bass. As I was looking around, Karl reminded me that he and Anthony had their Canadian Licenses. WooooHoooo!! That made me happy, because I had forgotten about that, and I have been wanting to get up there to fish for weeks now!

We headed north, passing through a very large pack of big charter boats that were mostly drift casting on the US side of the line, and headed for the "chicks". I stopped to look at the sonar two or three times and didn't mark anything, so I put the Ranger on plane and headed towards the "Wagon Wheel". There were a few boats trolling the area, so I set in on the outside of them, and we set lines. It wasn't long before the first fish was on and it turned out to be Anthony's biggest walleye of his life. Not huge, but a good sized 5-6 pounder. We caught 11 fish in an hour and a half up there, so it was a lot of fun. Also, there were very few junk fish compared to the US side. Woot! Woot!

I just want to say what a pleasure it was fishing with these two gentlemen. Both have a lot of experience trolling for Salmon, so the trolling gig wasn't new to them, but trolling for walleye was. So, to make a long story short, these guys learned how I do things very quickly, and most of the day all I did was make sure I wasn't going to hit another boat. They did all the line setting, taking the Off Shore boards off for each other, and netting each other's fish. It was a very fun and relaxing day for me, and I know they had a lot of fun too.

We took our time coming back in and loaded out with ease, since there were very few people clogging up the launch at that time. So, in my opinion, today was a fantastic day of fishing on Lake Erie. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html

Stay tuned....
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be out in the morning. Where abouts on the west side of north bass do u think their doin good? Need a starting point tomorrow. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey Juls

if you would have stayed on that north of that big pack on the border,about 1/2 a mile and just about the same distance to big chick to the west, there was little ole me by myself knocking the snot out of them trolling, nice to know you did well at the wagon wheel, that was my next move as I was getting antsy when the bite wasn't on when I got there around 9:45, just had to wait them out, those fish were laying all on the bottom, hard to see that on the graph but it was there, and they elevated by 10:30 and it was none stop when the lunch bell rang.
    next time give me a call , I go by my handle here and sit on 72 will be there Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

hot-n-tot...

Limitlypps just gave you the heads up on location....directly south of Big Chick right on the line, and west of there is where the big pack was.

Limitlypps, thanks for the info...I'll be back at the spot on the wheel this morning...launching out of Mazurik's. I'm usually on channel 79.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters