Casting Report Casting Report Casting Report Casting Report

Thread: Casting Report

Default Casting Report

Slow day today. Only two in the box. Trollers are catching them here and there but casting is not happening. Marking a lot of fish but they just are not biting

I beg to differ my friend. Stay away from the pack of boats and find your own fish. I know for a fact their biting. The pack west of rattlesnake. Go north of them a mile or 2 and ull catch fish. WNW of north bass a mile or 2. Good luck

Default casting report

Does anyone think the recent mayfly hatch has an affect on the fish biting? The last 2 days I have struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by jm gremore View Post
    Does anyone think the recent mayfly hatch has an affect on the fish biting? The last 2 days I have struggled.
    I am sure it has had some effect as well as the unstable weather. With the storms and different wind directions that have been taking place and the barometer bouncing around like a basketball as well as the mayflies, I think maybe they are more than a little less aggressive. The eyes will be getting the feed bag back on in a day or two and should be biting when you have those marks scattered out from top to bottom. Remember the eyes eat the larva mayflies as they are hatching out and also while they are on their way to the surface, a large hatch does not have as big of effect as does the hours or a day leading up to the hatch as the mayfly larva move to the surface in those large balls that can be seen on your sonar. JMHO
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default fyi

just pull some colorado copper blades, nutz out there again today

my really good one was Hotrod copper blade, char beads trolling 1.5

again, when you find the combo they want, just give it to'em with your all, non stop action all limits filled in 1 and a half hrs. 10:00 am -11:30 it bite really turned on, seems they were still full this early morn from last nights binging and gradually turned on later in the morning..
    Last edited by limitlypps; 06-21-2014 at 05:56 PM.

We caught 10 and threw back 6 yesterday casting hammered gold blades with red beads and a gold weight. The color of the weight made a difference as the lead weights did not produce like the gold ones did. Fished in 32 Dow west of rattlesnake

Fished 1 1/2 to 2 miles NNW of the red buoy west of north bass. Big pack of boats and for good reason. Lots and lots of walleyes there. Trollers slayed em but 4 of us boxed 17 pullin meat on crawler harnesses right on bottom. Pretty good for not having much of a drift. bigger fish than the ones west of rattlesnake too. Well. Good luck everyone

Default was north of that pack

36 fish in three hrs. bit slow Sunday.... lol