Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OffShore24 View Post
    Diawa is made all over china, korea, malaysia etc. I have not researched to see where others are made. That is my next step which i will do prior to buying new reels. However because of Okuma's junk, lieing tactics, and poor service I researched them. That is when I found out that they are a FOREIGNED OWNED COMPANY. Where an item is made is very important to me. However buying from a foreign company versus a good ole USA company matters as well!!! (possibly even more). So if I am faced w/ buying a foreign made products because that is all that is available then it will surely be from the USA owned company Not the Chinese or any other for that matter.

Just me doing my part and staying LOYAL to my fellow Americans. I am business owner myself. I know what it cost to lose a customer!!!
    I like the way you think, but I believe the American companies who move factories over seas are the worst offenders. I try to buy American Made whenever possible and foreign made for an American company still takes jobs from Americans. It's nice to know some of us still try to support American jobs.

I ALWAYS LOOK AT LABELS AND BUY AMERICAN WHEN EVER POSSIBLE I'm WITH YA ON THAT. SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO DO.

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    I ALWAYS LOOK AT LABELS AND BUY AMERICAN WHEN EVER POSSIBLE I'm WITH YA ON THAT. SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO DO.
    Some times it is impossible to do!!! I also buy as little as possible at Wal-Mart.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Yes sometimes it is. In this case from what i can tell we are forced to buy a foreign made product. Maybe there is an opportunity out there for someone to make an American made reel???? (hint hint manufacturers). Since I must buy a foreign made product I will make darn sure that the company is an American Corporation who pays taxes to my Country!!!

Default Buying American

made products does not mean better quality products these days at all . Look at GM right now with all the recalls . Some that were known to have had problems before even leaving the factory . A lot more money there then a 35.00 reel . Last time I looked , Honda, Toyota, and other foriegn made cars had a lot better rating then our US made cars.

Using the word "Pro" is used a lot these days even in the fishing industary . You now have the money to buy a Ranger or Lund and you fish tournaments , and all of the sudden you are a "Pro" . Yeah so you think !!!

Anyone that does not do their homework and buys something simply because it has Pro in the title deserves what they get .

Our favorite cranks {ReefRunners} are now made in China . How many does everyone own ? 99% of the spinner blades we all love are pressed and made overseas as well as the hooks and all the other goodies we use .

People get hooked on brands and become snobs against any other brand because they believe theirs is the best . Happens with fishing stuff , guns, and cars and trucks such as the Ford vs Chevy debate .

Back to the reel question , I have 18 Okumas Magda Pros that are 8 years old and have never had a problem . On the other hand , I have buddies that have the Diawa Accudepths and have had many problems since day one .

Are there better reels out there then Okuma ? Im sure there is . Buy and use what works for you with the funds you have to spend and take care of them . Every winter my Okumas get taken apart and cleaned and lubed for the next season and preform just fine for me .

Dale
    Last edited by fishhead315; 06-20-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

nice post fish head, what ever you buy it will last longer if you take care of it, where have your fish reports been? I'm sure your doing well it's been a great year. Off all the reels i own i like the cold water okuma's the best CW 303D. I have diawa's sealines, lc's, accudepths, shakshperes and convectors.

This discussion about the different reels and where manufacturing takes place is a classic example of~~ where someone with a Doctorate in Economics and the guy who own a Greeting Card Store on the corner of Main and Center St. both have differing opinions where both opinions are Equally Valid.

Within the last 6 months almost all of the car manufacturers, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda have had major recalls(defects) and within the last month Ford has been busted for exaggerated EPA fuel economy(mpg) claims where their original claims were on average 15% higher than what has been proven to be a more accurate EPA mpg estimate(false advertising) for the vehicle models involved.

American Companies who have some their products manufactured overseas and sell those products overseas do not pay income taxes on those profits from those sales until that profit(money) is brought back into the country(US). The import duties if any are passed on to the end consumer!

Meanwhile a third company purchases those products manufactured overseas in an overseas market place (Hong Kong) and imports those products to the US and sells them at a much cheaper price than what a company who manufactures a like product in the US can sell their product.

The reason is simply because there is higher wage base in the US and the tax on the profits raises the cost to do business. There are 3 losers in that situation, the company who would have manufactured those products in this country, the consumers who would have bought those products, and the American workers who would have made those products!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Penalty Box

I plan on starting to replace my Pros with those this coming winter . Have a buddy that is buying a boat this fall for next year and plan on giving him the Pros as they have served me very well over the years .

Have been having a good year here as well so far . Just got the big boat in the water last week so have been fishing the smaller one so far .Started out in the Michigan waters this past spring and have been following the fish east as of now . The Huron area has treated me very well . Been doing a lot of night fishing out that way and has been very very good .

Been keeping busy with other things in life as well so not on the computer as much as I use to be . Im sure some here are thankful of that as you know I speak my mind being good or bad .

Good fishing to you and stay safe .

Dale
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post

Using the word "Pro" is used a lot these days even in the fishing industary . You now have the money to buy a Ranger or Lund and you fish tournaments , and all of the sudden you are a "Pro" . Yeah so you think !!!

Dale
    I had to laugh after reading that because it reminds me of this youtube video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w

I haven't had any problems with my Daiwa's and they get beat to death, but I do take them apart and lube them everyyear.

i bought magda 20s last year at a shop and had problems with all but one of them. when they were replaced i paid a little extra and went with 30s and havent had any problems yet.

not sure if i had a bad batch of 20s or they all had issues?