perch report saturday perch report saturday perch report saturday perch report saturday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    LOL! That is a freezer full of them!
    Got that right Wakina! I figure 5 guys x 30 fish x 2 slabs x 3 strips per slab on all those 12 inchers....... We'll that's about 75 or 100 meals for the missus and I! What a picture....

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the one fish in the very lower right of that photo looks like someone snuck a measly 8 incher in the cooler...... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

That's 300, 50/person plus Captains limit....

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    Got that right Wakina! I figure 5 guys x 30 fish x 2 slabs x 3 strips per slab on all those 12 inchers....... We'll that's about 75 or 100 meals for the missus and I! What a picture....

Post Thanks / Like

Hell of a mess Big Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice fish

I might need 3 trips and help out the family and friends .that's in Canada 50 per person

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice perch, but that's a long drive to Canada for one day of fishing. If I could string together a 3 day weekend it would definitely justify the trip. Guess I need to look at lodging on that side of the lake... sheesh.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember Guys and Gals if you cross over by boat, you can only bring 30 of those perch for each Ohio licensed fisherman into Ohio and be legal! If checked, the ODNR Officers will assume that you caught those Canadian perch in the Ohio waters of lake Erie. The same rule applies to any fish that is or has a daily creel/bag limit in Ohio. You can only bring back a 1 days Ohio limit of any species of fish, such as S M Bass, Walleyes, Perch, or Steelhead to name the most popular fish sought in Canada by Ohio anglers on lake Erie.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished Canadian waters to you need the proper credintials to fish the water or is that only if you port. Just curious

Post Thanks / Like

Not totally up to speed on all of the rules myself, but I believe if you anchor, have contact with another boat or touch land, then you are supposed to have all of the proper paperwork and you are required to call in to the proper authorities when you return to US waters. You must also call the Canadian customs and report to them before you cross over the line regardless if you are going fish or not. They want to know who is in their country and the reason you are there as well as everybody who is on board your boat and what you have with you.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Remember Guys and Gals if you cross over by boat, you can only bring 30 of those perch for each Ohio licensed fisherman into Ohio and be legal! If checked, the ODNR Officers will assume that you caught those Canadian perch in the Ohio waters of lake Erie. The same rule applies to any fish that is or has a daily creel/bag limit in Ohio. You can only bring back a 1 days Ohio limit of any species of fish, such as S M Bass, Walleyes, Perch, or Steelhead to name the most popular fish sought in Canada by Ohio anglers on lake Erie.

That's kinda what I was alluding to, but didn't want to... well its stirred now. I had this discussion with ODNR last year and they were very quick to clearly define the regs on this for me.