Lucy's Point?? Lucy's Point?? Lucy's Point?? Lucy's Point??

Thread: Lucy's Point??

Default Lucy's Point??

I am hearing that there is good fishing at Lucy's Point--Can someone help me and tell me where is Lucy's Point? coordinates would be helpful --Thanks

It's marked by a green bouy that has a bell on it off the NE corner of Middle Bass Island. Watch cutting between the can and the island as the water is shallow.

That bell drives me nuts when perch fishing there during a day with a little chop haha

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Avoid the boiler

Yes, do not cut much more than about 200 yards inside the buoy if you have a smaller boat. I am a scuba diver and have dove that shoal. There is a sunken boat boiler about half way in from the buoy that is only about 2-3 feet under the water surface depending on the water level. It's not very big, but hit it and you'll know it!

There "was" good fishing at Lucy's, for the past month, but it's slowing down there now. It's not like it was....I'm sure you'll still catch some there. Good luck!
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

we fished there Fri. and Sat. FRI. started even with the tip trolled east with the wind started in 27 fow, when the monument was over Ballast it was game on for the next 1/2 mile or so then repeat,4 man limit by 11am. SAT same time, same place, big mayfly hatch = zero

West Basin,
    Thanks for the info about the boiler… It’s crazy what lies just beneath the water of Lake Erie.

Do not cut inside of the bouy. Just a few weeks ago a boat cut it and had to be towed. if i remember correctly i heard it was high and dry on the shoal?

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Buoys are there for a reason

Yes. Buoys are there for a reason, and that one is to warn of the shoal. Never a great idea to cut inside the buoy, but smaller boats do it all the time, as the water depth is still 8-10 feet quite a ways inside it. BUT, you never know what may have got stuck on the shoal, such as a tree or other item, so go inside it at your own risk. The shoal is flat bedrock, with a few rocks and an occasional boulder (or boiler), so you might be fine at one spot and 5 feet to the left you hit a boulder. Last winter's ice may have moved boulders around, so just because it was safe last year doesn't mean it is this season. That goes for ALL shoals and shallows.