Last night the wind forecast for this morning was for 15+ out of the NW, but would be diminishing as the morning went on. I called my crew and told them to sleep in a little bit, and that I would pick them up at 7am and we would go to breakfast first, so the lake had a little time to lay down. They were agreeable to that.

We hit Hi Way Bait for my crawlers and ice, and then Big Boppers for breakfast, on the way to Mazurik's. We launched at 8am, and headed to the same area I have been fishing for the past month. There was something different this weekend, in that there were a ton of the big charter boats out there now, and I no longer had it all to myself....sigh. I knew it couldn't last forever, so it was fun while it lasted!

We made one pass heading north, to get my guys used to the waves and how to set lines. They did great with the instruction, but were having a hard time reading the boards in the waves. So, we picked up and headed up to the can at Lucy's and set a course to the SE to go with the waves. This was easier on them, not only for their sea legs, but also to make it easier for them to read the boards.

We caught one nice walleye and a catfish on that short pass. We also lost a lot of worms to short strikes or whities...not sure...we never saw them.

I had received a couple of phone calls from my friend Joe Whitten who was fishing another area about 5 miles away..(since it was his info, I'm not at liberty to publish it this time), and we picked up again and headed over to where he was.

What I can tell you is that the same dang program that I have been using this entire month...(crawler harnesses behind a 1oz inline 39-41 back) was what caught all our fish today. That means those fish were high in the water column again.

Jessie and Dan caught their limit, and had gotten pretty good at setting lines without me nagging them with instructions. Woot! Woot! That is a great day in my opinion.

The weather was really nice by mid day with light NW winds, waves 2 foot or less, and lots of sunshine. Water temperatures where we were are 69.7 degrees.

Since they were staying at the "Island House" in downtown Port Clinton, we took their fish over to PC Fish, Co. to have them cleaned, so it would be convenient for them to go pick them up.

They both said they had a great time and learned a lot. I can't ask for anything more than that. It felt great to be back on the water after having four days off, and I'll be back at it again tomorrow, but this time fun fishing with a close friend that doesn't get to get out on the water as much as he would like to. The weather looks terrific for tomorrow, so it should be another fun day.

I think we might go to Canada...I'm not sure yet.

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html