Which budget trolling rod? Which budget trolling rod? Which budget trolling rod? Which budget trolling rod?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which budget trolling rod?

I am new to getting into the trolling with boards
    And divers thing. I need to get a rod but don't know what to get. I have
    An okuma magda pro line counting reel, 30lb power pro braid, off shore board with that better clip for braid, tt40's and stinger and wolverine tackle spoons, just need a rod, prefer it to be 50.00 or less, what length, tip, power, brand do u guys recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Ugly stik 7' one piece medium action is very popular and are only $35. Also Okuma makes walleye specific rods the call their Dead Eye rods. They are about $30. Stick with 7' rods med or medium light action
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

Does it have to be a trolling specific rod? Or just a standard casting rod meeting those specs?

Post Thanks / Like

Does not have to be trolling. The main thing that is very important is to have all the rods be the same. That way it is easy to detect when a small fish is hooked up as all rods will act the same.
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okuma rods

Look on eBay, I just bought 2 new okuma trolling rods for $36 for the pair including shipping! I have 7 , 8 and 9 ft rods so I can stagger them. Can't beat the price and they are nice rods!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Look on eBay, I just bought 2 new okuma trolling rods for $36 for the pair including shipping! I have 7 , 8 and 9 ft rods so I can stagger them. Can't beat the price and they are nice rods!
    What model and action?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okuma Classic Pro Rods

I bought the Okuma Classic Pro CPM in medium action. There were some models with the fluorescent tips but I like the classic gloss black. After looking back, that price didn't include shipping but depending on how many you buy you can get them for around $18 each.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a couple of daiwa wilderness trolling rods at fishusa.com for 15.95 each and got free shipping. these are nice rods for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

We use the cabelas depth master series for all of our rods. All the same size and action so they all act the same. Very good sturdy rods for the dollar.

Post Thanks / Like

I just switched to Ugly Sticks from Berkley rods after breaking my second one in a year. Several charter guys run Ugly Sticks and they'll last forever. Get the 7' rods and as they said above, get all of them the same size.