best snell for harness hooks? best snell for harness hooks? best snell for harness hooks? best snell for harness hooks?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default glue it

water base fly head cement 1 fluid ounce bottle around 4 dollars at netcraft I put it on my hooks after I tie them and then on my loop knot then I hang them and go to the next harness dry in 5 minutes. I also use this product on my jig heads the thread. I havnt lost one since I started using this its clear and you can not see it on the rig works very well .a also use 20 pound mono and wrap 10 times then thru the hook eye and back around the loop and pull tightly set your hook in your table and pull tightly
    Last edited by rscotfish; 06-13-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 870 ExpressMag View Post
    maybe i just need to be more careful when storing them, because when i did tie them up like that they stood up well to heavy hard fighting fish, only time i lot part of one was from a cat that had swallowed the whole mess and we only got part of it back.
    I was tying in the winter my cat seen the blade and next thing I know 50 bucks to the vet to remove the hook from her belly I had it in my hand she ripped it out and flew up the stairs when I got to her she had it in her lower belly and the barb was stuck try to pull a hook from a cat when shes awake

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    I was tying in the winter my cat seen the blade and next thing I know 50 bucks to the vet to remove the hook from her belly I had it in my hand she ripped it out and flew up the stairs when I got to her she had it in her lower belly and the barb was stuck try to pull a hook from a cat when shes awake

870 I thought you were talking about a catfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
    870 I thought you were talking about a catfish
    i was! i cant imagine pulling a hook out of an awake cat, i watch my wife give ours a bath, thats hard enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    water base fly head cement 1 fluid ounce bottle around 4 dollars at netcraft I put it on my hooks after I tie them and then on my loop knot then I hang them and go to the next harness dry in 5 minutes. I also use this product on my jig heads the thread. I havnt lost one since I started using this its clear and you can not see it on the rig works very well .a also use 20 pound mono and wrap 10 times then thru the hook eye and back around the loop and pull tightly set your hook in your table and pull tightly
    i dont know why i never thought of the head cement, thats a good idea, since my problem is not with the strength of the knot, but with the slight loosening when pushing the hook into the rubber storage cylinder.

i still dont see how using the easy snell method pulling any tighter is gonna make it so it cant be pushed back through the eyelet and loosen, i use a gomakatsu walleye wide gap hook with the up turned eye, i put end of line from top to bottom through the eye, or essentially back to front and lay the tag end down along back of hook shank, take the standing line and make my wraps from the eye down toward the hook loop, after the wraps are done then i take the standing line and go back up through the hook eye, basically from back to front and then that leaves my running line going up straight through the eyelet for a straight pull on the hook, but it is just continued from the last wrap of the snell then up through the eyelet, so the tighter you pull it, makes the wraps tighter, but when pushed backwards, starts loosening the wraps at the bottom of the snell first, i guess i dont understand how it can get locked down so tight as not to looosen when pushed backwards with this method, unless i am missing something or missing a step, thanks for the help guys i appreciate it