walleye 6-7 6-8 walleye 6-7 6-8 walleye 6-7 6-8 walleye 6-7 6-8

Thread: walleye 6-7 6-8

Default walleye 6-7 6-8

fished saturday ne of sawmill lots of junk no walleye after 2 hours, moved to se of kelleys slow pick but larry and I got our 12 fish 40 tt 50 back and dipsey's 33 back on the 1 setting all spoons, sunday we fished north of huron had our 12 by 11 4 fish o's 2 just under 30 and 2 just under 29, 40 tt 70 back crawler harnesses and dipseys 33 on the 1 setting and 55 on the 3 setting. Had my line release off the big board and seconds later a steelie broke water; landed it and let it go about a 24incher. We went through a static field and our rods were humming and popping you got shocked when you grabbed them kind of freaky, then it stopped.

Default static

ive done that before it would pick our mono line up out of the water but there was a storm around

well it was raining and we saw 1 lightening bolt

I've had that happen a coupe times also. We were out bass fishing with a storm blowing in, and definitely an electric field ahead of the rain. Our lines began to hover above the water and you could feel the rod vibrate a little. My buddy screamed at me to drop the rod!!!!!! Guess another buddy of ours was fishing before a storm when the same thing happened, and his rod "Blew up" in his hands throwing graphite everywhere. No injuries but most likely a pair of soiled britches.

Glad you found the big boys!

I remember years back we had an episode with the graphite rods arching on the trim around the windshield. We kept hearing the popping sound and realized what was happening and figured we were about to get struck by lightning!

Read these links! I don't think I want to deal with this my time is short enough at my age.

Several years ago and by several I mean over 20 years ago I Ran a charter boat out of Drawbridge Marina, there was also several others that had boats there. One particular Captain who ran out of Drawbridge marina, his name was Bob Nicols(sp) he had a 30ft sport craft, his charter service / boat name was Smoke Eater as he was a fireman from Fremont, Ohio. His boat took a direct hit with passengers on board! I don't believe anyone was seriously hurt just scared poopless. It actually burnt a whole bunch of tiny little holes in the hull visible as dark circles with a brown ring around a black center and destroyed the radio antenna and bow seat. At that time Ken Hershey own the marina and maybe he or his family still does.

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/...g_fishing.html

http://www.lightningdetector.co/ligh...ng-safety.html
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Actually the static quit and we saw the flash about 30 mins later and never heard a boom, it was the only flash we saw, 1 more and we would have headed in. I never go out if severe weather is forecasted. It was just freaky.

Your boat was "staticly charged" electric was passing through the water through boat and back into the water.

i heard someone on the radio talking about it. it was about the same time i was talking to KX36594. Was probably you