Fishing with Grady, Meghan, and Thelma 6/7/14 Fishing with Grady, Meghan, and Thelma 6/7/14 Fishing with Grady, Meghan, and Thelma 6/7/14 Fishing with Grady, Meghan, and Thelma 6/7/14

Default Fishing with Grady, Meghan, and Thelma 6/7/14

I didn't have a trip scheduled last night (Friday) when I was invited out to dinner, so I ordered a margarita, and planned to have another, but then I got a text...maybe next time...sigh.

Grady asked if I was available on Sunday, because his Mom, Thelma, was coming to town to visit for the weekend. I already had a trip scheduled for Sunday, so I told him Saturday was open, and that the weather was going to be perfect, so he booked it.

We met a little later than my normal launch time and hit the water at 7:45. We headed right back to where I was yesterday, set a troll to the SE, and set lines in the water. Same program I've been using now for weeks. (see previous blogs for clues. lol)

There was no wind this morning and the bugs were all over us.....ugh, they tickle! But, about an hour later the winds kicked up just a little bit...just enough to keep those little buggers off of us.

We only got 6 on the pass in that direction, and when we got to the SW corner of Gull Island Shoal and turned around to go back the other direction, it was game on!
    A light wind had started out of the east, so it was behind us now.

I just have to give a shout out to Meghan, who was a natural, and took to my instructions without any hesitations or mistakes, and was very helpful in the boat today. Thank you Meghan! Also, she was rewarded with the biggest fish of the day! Woot! Woot!

It's not very often I get clients who take to it with ease. Especially, when I forget, and start talking fishing lingo, forgetting most people don't have a clue as to what the heck I am talking about...and, I'm sure it doesn't even sound like English to the novice troller....my bad. lol

Grady and his Mom did a great job too and Grady was rewarded with the largest Sheephead of the day. Ha!

We limited out with their 18 fish just short of our 6 hour trip, so everyone was very happy. I was hoping we would limit sooner than we did, so we could then go perch'n for a couple of hours, but we ran out of time.

I'll be heading to Canadian waters tomorrow with a couple of my regulars, and hoping we can get some perch'n in tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Well, time to clean the boat, and get something to eat.

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

My wife and I trolled that area today ,she was about to call it quits when the breeze finally got rid of the bugs , we got our 12 in about 4 1/2 hours bright green harnesses 2oz 35 back 1.5 sog. Thanks for your reports.

We fished same area. Finished with 10 didn't get on the lake until 3 pulled lines up at 7. We were running the same program except most of our fish came on pink backed blades. Thanks for the post Capt. Juls

P.S. Boat in my campground got 5 man limit of perch off SE corner of Kelly's 28 fw

Default Nice job

Way to gol Juls. Lots of people came back empty. Seemed tougher out west