Worm Harness's & fishing report Worm Harness's & fishing report Worm Harness's & fishing report Worm Harness's & fishing report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worm Harness's & fishing report

I have been asked by a member of this site to post pictures of a couple of the worm harnesses that I have been making for the last few years. Here are 3 that were used today and they accounted for several of the 2 man limit that Emptyhooks (who was my guest today) and I caught.

We left the dock about 7:30 this morning and ambled our way toward the D-can area. I was undecided where to start that is why I just wandered around for awhile heading in a general N Easterly direction. We finally set lines between D-can and F-Can on the firing range boarder and trolled toward the large pack of boats west of Rattlesnake. We never did make it that far though.

Picked up 2 really quick @ 25 ft back of the small boards with the TRU-trip 40's one on a spoon and one on a harness. Then several junk fish! So I increased the leads to 40 and 45 back on my side and that is when the 25 foot leads caught on fire. So every line was set at 25 ft.

It was a steady pick of nice sized eaters all 10 on harnesses at 1.7 GPS speed. Finally we got down to needing 1 fish and Emptyhooks had a pull back to possibly end our day, turned out to be a nice 22'' fish. He then shouted don't bleed him I have another one on so I just dropped him in the livewell. Turned out that the second fish was about 20" so we set it free to grow some, I turn to start retrieving my 2 lines and had a double on with both boards dancing backwards. Both of those went back to mother Erie also. It was a thrill having those 4 fish all on at about the same time. It was definitely a fire drill.

Here are 3 of the 4 harnesses that we used today and are being posted for the benefit of the member who contacted me for some more pics. They are on top of the storage box they call home. The second pic is of the open storage box where there are usually 40 harnesses resting peacefully waiting on their turn to catch fish.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-06-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well done!

Sounds like you had a great day. I was out with a buddy of mine today and we caught nothing but trash SE of Kelleys so we headed West of Rattlesnake and got our limit there pulling spoons and harnesses. We are heading back out in the am and I think I might try more harnesses in the morning.

Thanks for the post!

Post Thanks / Like

great day on the lake . thanks again to wakina for letting me tag along . his lures killed it today . cant wait to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default my killer combo

is BigPapa's Purple Demon in a no. 6 blade with char beads and char gammies no. 2 hooks bottom bouncing @ 1.3-1.4. cold water slower troll.
    I filled a 4ft cooler of hogs on these alone, you gotta hit'em hard when they show there hand. lol

http://www.bigpapasportfishing.com/ss_blades.htm:)