Started the morning out of Mazurik's with Buz Trusso from San Diego at 6am.

We headed to the SE corner of Kelly's to start a troll towards Airport Reef. We picked up one small fish and decided to move up to the NE side of Kelly's Shoal, up on the line.

Running crawler harnesses behind 1oz inlines on the outside boards at 25 and 41 back and #2 Tadpoles 25-30 back on the inside boards.... at 1.5mph.

Today the 1oz inlines took all the walleye....up high! After a few fish, I came to the conclusion they wanted the 1oz inlines at 25-27 back. After we figured that out we put a two man limit in the boat pretty quickly.

With one fish to go, I decided to pick up and move to the SW corner of Gull Island Shoal and set a course towards Lucy's Point. I got my first line in the water, and as the Off Shore board was going out, a fish hit it...I tripped the bail and it was Fish On! I told a friend who was out today too about it, and he told me when they were done that they got their 3 man limit in the same area.

So, guess where I'm starting tomorrow! (as long as those north winds they are predicting don't make it too rough).
Buz will be fishing again, but this time an older couple will be joining us to split the trip with him.
I've assigned him the duties of "First Mate" since he has had a chance to get his sea legs under him and has a pretty good clue now about how my system works.

I'm hoping we can get out there and catch them. Nothing worse than telling a customer it's a "no go" due to conditions.

Stay tuned.....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html