Fishing 5/31/14 Fishing 5/31/14 Fishing 5/31/14 Fishing 5/31/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fishing 5/31/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing 5/31/14

Jim Bracken's wife had bought a gift certificate for a 6 hour charter way back in March, and the first date he had picked was nasty weather, so he rescheduled for today, and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful. Well, it could have been a better wind direction, but it didn't seem to bother the fish much today. they were hungry!!

We launched out of Catawba at 9am since they had a 3 hour drive up here. Headed to my spot up by Lucy's and set in on a SW trolling pass. Caught 7 on the first pass, and 5 on the second pass. Three of them were fish-O's.

Same program/numbers/speed as the past two weeks! (check blog if you don't know the program already)

When the wind picked up, we headed to the SW corner of Green, and didn't even have the second board out before we picked up our first one over there. All nice little eaters by Green, but nothing big there.

Jim had a great time, as did his boys. They are bass fishermen, so it was a little tougher teaching them how to troll, but eventually I had them setting all the lines on their own. They ran into trouble when it was time to bring a fish in on the outside board though...lol In the excitement of a fish on, they would forget that the inside two boards needed to be moved either back or in, so they wouldn't tangle all the lines...sigh. No bad tangles today, so they did GREAT!!

I'm also happy to report, I didn't knock any fish off with the net. Woot! Woot!

I love this job! It's always different, and always fun!

Today's trip is only a 4 hour quickie with a husband and wife, and his sister, who want to learn the board game and catch a few walleye. So, we'll be heading out of Catawba at 8am and heading to the SW side of Green for some eaters and a training session.

Stay tuned!

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 06-01-2014 at 04:33 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report capt ......were about is Lucy's never heard that before

Post Thanks / Like

The north east corner of middle Bass.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com