Memorial Day Fishing Report Memorial Day Fishing Report Memorial Day Fishing Report Memorial Day Fishing Report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Memorial Day Fishing Report

Jim and Renee McEwen met me at the launch early this morning, and we were on the water by 6am. We headed to "the spot" up by Ballast Island and Lucy's Point, and had an 18 fish limit by 9:45 with one of them being a nice 30 incher caught by Renee. Jim's a great taxidermist, so that big girl will grace their wall to remember their fun day forever.

Today's weather couldn't have been nicer. A 10mph wind from the SW with morning temps in the high 60's to low 70's. The high today was 85 degrees.

They wanted to come in after their limit, because Renee had just gotten back from a business trip in Paris, and had some jet lag. That was okay with me, because I had "fishing lag"! I'm not a napper, but after getting home from lunch with them, I thought I would close my eyes for just a minute before starting on the messy house, and when I woke up, it was 3 hours later!

The program is still the same. I've been running (4) 1oz inlines at 39 and 41 back and (2) #2 Tadpoles at 27 & 29 back. Speed was 1.5-1.6 with the current and 1.3 against the current. Best blade colors were Pink Panties and Monica, and a Bugsy's Baits blade with the purple underside with three orange dots. Larry Lambert's double willow leaf harnesses took quite a few fish too.

I have a quick trip tomorrow afternoon for a few hours, but otherwise I don't have another charter until Thursday-Sunday, so it's time to clean up the messy house that's been neglected for a couple weeks now. Ugh....lol

Good luck fishing and be safe out there tomorrow....pop up thunderstorms are expected.

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Great job!!! It was a great week to fish..

was that the secret spot, what a beautiful weekend to fish the weather man owed us one after that brutal winter. nice 30 incher

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    was that the secret spot, what a beautiful weekend to fish the weather man owed us one after that brutal winter. nice 30 incher
    Yes, but as you know it's a well known spot that no one was fishing this past week. lol

I was liking the opportunity to fish it without any other boats to knock me off my trolling pass during this past holiday weekend.
    [email protected]

Blog Entries

Default Grounded

Been sick last 2 weeks so I really enjoy fishing with you guys via the internet thanks for the pics and the well written stories capn Juls and all you other folks tight lines .

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Been sick last 2 weeks so I really enjoy fishing with you guys via the internet thanks for the pics and the well written stories capn Juls and all you other folks tight lines .
    Get well soon so you can get your lines wet MBLMIKE! Went through that last year(not fun). Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and feeling better soon!
    [email protected]

Default Pelee Island

Captain Juls, do you ever get to the north end of Pelee Island? If you do you ought to stop in and see the Pelee Club on Sheridan Point, on the NW tip of Pelee. It was named after one of our founders General Philip Sheridan a civil war general. It is a neat old place and a great place to fish right in front our club and at Lighthouse Point. Good fishing! Peleewalleyeguy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peleewalleyeguy View Post
    Captain Juls, do you ever get to the north end of Pelee Island? If you do you ought to stop in and see the Pelee Club on Sheridan Point, on the NW tip of Pelee. It was named after one of our founders General Philip Sheridan a civil war general. It is a neat old place and a great place to fish right in front our club and at Lighthouse Point. Good fishing! Peleewalleyeguy.
    Yes, I do fish up there.

And, no, I won't touch land up there...easier coming back to this side that way. lol
    [email protected]

Default What kind of trolling setup do you run?

Just to make it easier on us rookies who are looking to venture into trolling more,let's see what setup everybody uses. Just post planer boards,divers,etc. all info greatly appreciated.