Questions/ Mich stingers, brest Bay Questions/ Mich stingers, brest Bay Questions/ Mich stingers, brest Bay Questions/ Mich stingers, brest Bay
    Blog Entries

Default Questions/ Mich stingers, brest Bay

What size Michigan stinger is best? Will snap weights keep spoons down to fish depths of 20 to 30 ft or should I buy divers? Does anyone have knowledge of fish being caught in Brest Bay? Thanks, If I fish I will report.

Default Brest bay

if mostly fishing out of Michigan waters , mini dipsys and jet 30 are your best best . Using inline weights with spoons dont work out well due to the speed needed to run the spoons . With the weights they are very speed dependent. The faster you troll , the higher they come up . With the minis and jets , speed is your friend .

Fish are being caught in the bay and around Stoney Point . Lots of silvers in there right now . My best set up the past 2 weeks have been 1 ounce 15-20 back with purple blades .Any deeper and you cant keep the boards out long enough without the silvers robbing you . Guys are getting them on spoons as well .

Dale
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

I buy the stinger scorpion spoons around 2.5 inches long i'm guessing. Never had much luck with the larger ones.

Blog Entries

Thanks Guys, I think I'll buy jets and small stingers. If I launch at Bolles Harbor and can catch fish It's a lot closer for me than driving all the way around to south side of lake. Fishing just seems to be better southeast of West Sister so I will make the drive if I have to. Thanks again.

Inline will work, tyically I will use 3oz inlines as they do not rise as much at the speeds required for spoons. But there are many days where the walleye want the mini disks or jets so I always have em all.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
    Fish are being caught in the bay and around Stoney Point . Lots of silvers in there right now . My best set up the past 2 weeks have been 1 ounce 15-20 back with purple blades .Any deeper and you cant keep the boards out long enough without the silvers robbing you . Guys are getting them on spoons as well .

Dale
    Fishhead, how far east of SP (or what depth) are you trolling? I've caught some nice 25-28" fish in that area recently, but it takes time. I'm finding fish in 22-24 fow, and I'm catching on both green an purple blades..

Default chumlee

I have been fishing inside of the bay in 14-18ft of water. So far have not had to run out past the point itself.

Dale
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Blog Entries

I decieded to fish Ohio waters so drove to Happy Hooker and bought tru trip 30's and small Michigan stingers. Launched out of Fenwicks. Fished 18 to 23 ft water south and west of west sister. 7:30 to 10:30 caught 10 fish at 60 - 75 back then all white bass started hitting so we quit. The hot colors were both Pooh Bears. Is stoney point due east of Bolles Harbor?

Stoney Point is northeast of Bolles Harbor, just at the top of Brest Bay.

I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.