Another crazy plan! Another crazy plan! Another crazy plan! Another crazy plan!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another crazy plan!

I know it is not fishing but a bad outcome could end our fishery forever! I sure hope they rethink this one!!! But they probably won't.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5359955.html
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

For once couldn't a government do something right!! Why do they make bad decisions every single time! !!

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon guys I see nothing wrong with this plan, it is flawless as long as we never get any earthquakes or someone decides to sell it for a $1 so they can build a couple of schools on top of it.

I mean we know those sort of things never happen

In all seriousness I think there is enough anti nuclear power groups/lobbyist that would put a stop to this. At least I hope there is, this is the one thing they support that I would actually be behind. I just dont know how much clout they would have over Canada.

I know there is never a good place to dispose of this type of waste but I am sure there are quite a few with a lot less downsides to it such as putting this right next to a great lake. I think the people making this decision just need to take a tour of all of the dead/toxic waterways and quarries in the Keweenaw Peninsula in the UP to get an idea of what sort of damage they could cause for generations to come if something was to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not aware as to how the waste is regulated in Canada of if the power company involved is government operated or not. But the article makes it sound like those responsible for generating the power are the ones who have these storage plans.

Right here in our country the regulating body of government who regulates the importation and propagation of aquatic species allowed the Asian carp to be propagated in ponds located within the known flood plain of the Mississippi River. Their decision was based upon the fact that since the construction of the levies and dikes there had never been another flood in that area so there would be very little chance for those carp to escape. Well they were wrong on that point weren't they. The dangers posed in this situation are far greater than those posed by the carp raising decision. But it appears the same type and amount of reasoning and thoughtfulness has gone into this project as the carp project. Well it never has happened before so we don't have to worry about it happening in the future. I just hope the Canadian Government shuts this crazy idea down.
    Last edited by wakina; 05-21-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip