Casting Casting Casting Casting
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Casting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Casting

Just curious if their was any good casting reports yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Slow day for us yesterday jigging, so the brother in law pulled out the erie derie and started casting. Pulled in 2 with it!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was trolling a few miles off the south east corner of South Bass and saw a lot or boats casting and catching!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday morning casting by lighthouse, turtle island and we got 5. People jigging all around me weren't doin anything that I saw. Went out this morning had 1 at the boat but had no net man and lost it.1 big yellow perch and 1 nice cat but there was no drift whatsoever. Throwin erie dearies and draggin bottom bouncers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default casting

fished Saturday south of put in bay and east of the green bouy off of Catawba. started off the morning jigging and ended up pulling 3 nice fish then fish shut down.. so dropped the gear and started trolling.. caught 1 fish on gold harness 60 back with 2oz inline and 1 fish on gold spoon 65 back on 40 jet... boats started trolling everywhere and it turned into a mad house.. shut the trolling down and began drifting but were farther east by the red bouy off of kellys... casted gold erie deeries slow retrieve draggin bottom and ended up pullin 5 more fish. most fish 18-20" but had 3 right around the 25-27 range... despite the rain and cold it was a good day to be out there

Post Thanks / Like

Fished tonight 2 miles NW of A can. Ended up with 14 nice walleye and 1 nice perch. A lot of white perch and some sheephead along with a few white bass. Caught them on both weapons and bottom bouncers. Gold or purple were main colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eriecaster View Post
    Just curious if their was any good casting reports yet?
    Sunday was awesome and I got a late start!!!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Goin back out in a few hours, after the rain. Cant wait. In my opinion there is nothing like casting a spinner for walleye in the open water. I do the river run and some jigging its all fun. Whatever it takes to get that freezer full but my choice is definitely casting for eyes. Gotta try to get to sleep but I'm like a kid on christmas eve when it comes to chasin them eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Niagara

I went out last night 30 min before sundown just to get out for the first time casted weight forward just north of niagara reef caught 2 walleye and a handful of white bass, wish I could have got out sooner .

Post Thanks / Like

Went out this morning and the lake was glass, how often do you ask for a little wind? My cuz and I wound up getting 8 eyes. the wind picked up enough about 10 to start a decent drift. We would have had limit probably if we had that drift when we started at 8. Casting parrish peasfrom zap lures did the trick for all 8. Fished through quite a few white perch but wound up with a nice take home in 4.5 hours. 16 ft of water halfway between turtle island and harbor light. Great day on the lake.