Walleye Recipe Walleye Recipe Walleye Recipe Walleye Recipe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye Recipe

Default Walleye Recipe

I tried a walleye recipe that I had not tried before. It was good and was a huge hit with the family, so I thought I would share it here.

Spray non-stick spray on cookie sheet or glass casserole (i used a casserole) and place the walleye fillets.

Plenty of lemon juice over the fillets.

Lightly sprinkle pepper over the fillets.

Go heavy on grated Parmesan cheese all over the tops of the fillets. Make a thick coating, maybe a half-inch thick right down the center and plenty wide on each fillet.

Pre-heat oven on broil and leave on broil the whole time. Place on top rack of oven and broil fillets for 10-15 minutes. The cheese started to brown right about the time the fish got flaky (perfect!).

Enjoy!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Sounds great, I am assuming you could just use Lemon Pepper in place of the Lemon Juice and Pepper as well and get similar results. I always seem to have an overabundance of that stuff in my spice rack (use it for Bloody Marys mostly).

Sean makes great walleye cakes (like crab cakes) why dont you give that recipe out

Could bring some on the boat Shawn. Few snacks. 25th of this month sounds good

Toss some over to me when we fish next to each other again! LOL
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Sean is a chef everything he makes is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Sean makes great walleye cakes (like crab cakes) why dont you give that recipe out
    Give it up Sean... let's have it

Greg

Smile

B can man ,tried your recipe,grabbed a bag walleye and perch.did both with that recipe.delicious

Quote Originally Posted by kvn328 View Post
    B can man ,tried your recipe,grabbed a bag walleye and perch.did both with that recipe.delicious
    Great! Glad someone else enjoyed it. It is definitely a keeper for my family. Fish on!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

I would post the recipe if I had it, I really only have made it a couple of times and I just throw it together, maybe next time I will create a recipe for it when I make it. I like to grill so lets say it is grilled walleye, grilled corn, grilled red peppers and grilled red onion. Mix it up with cilantro, sour cream, mayo, taco seasoning, lime juice and corn bread. I serve it with a fresh salsa, I normally only make it when fresh local produce is available.

As for this recipe I would recommend giving it a try, especially on those big females we have all been catching lately. They tend to have a stronger taste to them no matter how you clean them. The recipe that started this thread would go a long way in masking that strong fishy taste with the combination of the acid, the high heat and the richness/saltiness of the fresh parm. I was just mentioning using Lemon Pepper as a way for people to use up that spice we all have in the cabinet, probably not as good as fresh lemon juice but it should get you in the ballpark.