Walleye Recipe Walleye Recipe Walleye Recipe Walleye Recipe
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walleye Recipe

Yeah that sounds good Sean!

Greg

just a little something my wife adds is to paint the top of the fillets with real mayonnaise, crush a sleeve of ritz crackers, then do the cheese golden brown

Quote Originally Posted by millerstym View Post
    just a little something my wife adds is to paint the top of the fillets with real mayonnaise, crush a sleeve of ritz crackers, then do the cheese golden brown

Real Mayo!!!!! What about Miracle Whip

Actually funny you mention Ritz Crackers, when I was working with Cameron Restaurants here in Columbus, Ritz cracker encrusted walleye was by far the most popular dish on the menu. I use to get sick of dredging the walleye through flour, egg wash and then crumbled Ritz Crackers all night long. The Corporate Chef for that company use to claim that he always had bad luck Walleye fishing because of the amount of walleye we served during those years. We have since changed his luck on that though, I do not even know if they still have that on the menu or not.

Never tried the miracle, but actually the taste of the mayo is minimal in the end result. The flavor of the Ritz & parm is highlight. The mayo tames the thick fillets, like buttermilk

Default Re: Walleye Recipe

I have a great crab cake receipe from an old guy in Maryland. One day I poached some walley fillets from a large fish then let it cool and flaked it. Then you can use it like lump crab meat and use whatever crab cake receipe. I'll have to look it up but basically its just a few crackers, egg, mayo, wostershire sauce, and Old Bay. There is barely enough cracker amd egg to hold them together so it's 90% meat.