Nice day on the Lake! Nice day on the Lake! Nice day on the Lake! Nice day on the Lake!

Default Nice day on the Lake!

Weather was perfect with 1 to 2 foot waves, me and a buddy worked hard North of Kelleys and only managed 2 nice eyes all morning trolling stingers spoons. Moved over to American Eagle Shoal and pulled 4 more nice fish and lost one absolute hog at the back of the boat. We pulled stingers spoons and a couple RR's will all our fish coming on the stingers.
    Saw some other boats doing pretty well that seemed to be trolling a little slower so we assumed they were pulling harnesses. We didn't bring any crawlers out wiih us or we would have put out the harnesses. The marks were better at American Eagle than they were North of Kelleys.

Good luck to everyone going out!

Be Safe!

Jim

nice job too bad you didn't land that slob. I've only been out once in the last 2 weeks planning on hitting it hard next weekend.

Default nice day on the lake

I was in the same area, boated only 4... couldn't keep the white bass from stealing the crawlers. Maybe I should try spoons. Yesterday I was in the same area and got 6.

Well I haven't been able to get back down there in 3 yrs. The wife and I went out yesterday morning and hit a few spots with only a couple walleyes. We went to North bass and put 6 nice ones in the boat. Not pigs, but nice fish. Due to technical difficulties we had to end our trip short.

Went out this morning back to north bass, we lost at least 20 +, real hard to get them biting solid. We ended up with 21 all on meat. These are the largest of the batch.
    Last edited by ebijack; 05-11-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Nice looking fish there Ebijack! I would be happy to have a mess like that and lose 20 plus. What setup are you using with so many losses? I will say it is pretty rare for us to lose one and when we do it is usually a poor netting job or like my buddy did Saturday, let the fish go under the back of the boat and didn't bring it up soon enough.

Penalty box....sorry to bother you Saturday! I just figured for sure with the decent forecast that you'd be out there too. I don't get to make it up as often as I like, being 2 1/2 hours away, but I look forward to sharing info with you and Larry this season.

when you called i was reading fish reports, you can call me any time I love to talk about fishing i should be fishing next weekend hopefully

The wife and I ran my spoon harnesses on our side of the boat and 2 buddies ran regular harnesses on his side. Every lead from 25 back with a 1 oz to 3oz. 5 cranks up off bottom got fish. The harness side, 2oz inlines 40, 50 back and bouncer got fish.
    Some colors seemed best, purple chartreuse, rainbow trout/silver back, and one spoon that is hard to find , copper/red/blk that took a lot of fish but they bit it so hard I ended up breaking the hook as it was thru his jaw bone twice. I didn't bring my stuff to remake the spoon harness. Funny thing, a color that would work at one setting would not work at other setting.
    Anyway, the fish would take the board back and we even force fed em, the board would be behind the boat they would still just keep tapping and not commit. Bring the bait in and the crawler would be chewed to bits. With the spoon harnesses, I had a lot that would take the board back and even under. Fight the fish, and they would let go. Not a mark in the crawler. I believe they are taking the complete spoon harness without biting the crawler, so no hooky in the mouthy. The regular crawlers had a lot of silvers, not so many on the spoon harness. A lot of the other boats out there were losing fish also, not just us. It would be slow for 15-20 minutes, then a double or triple then slow again, over and over. Most of the time you were also battling boat traffic.
    Last edited by ebijack; 05-12-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.