Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year

Made our first stop of the day at the Happy Hooker Bait Shop near Port Clinton to pick up some extra Reef Runners. Then stopped at Hi-Way in Port Clinton because we realized we needed to pick up a Mister Twister Electric Fisherman fillet knife because we had a feeling we would need it by the end of the day.

We hit the water south of Rattlesnake Island trolling crank baits. Released 16 keepers in 4 hours. Decided to go with to the new Mepps Trolling Rigs and caught and released our next 16 keepers in just 2 hours. Just for fun, we kept going with the new Mepps Trolling Rigs and got caught and released our next limit of 16 fish in just one-and-a-half hours. These fish averaged 7 to 8 lbs., and our best fish was 32". We ran the Trolling rigs on 15# Power Pro Braid on the main line to a 1 oz keel weight with a 3-6 foot 10# fluorocarbon leader. We ran at 1 mph with our baits anywhere from 10 to 40 feet back. Water temps were 42 to 48 degrees.

If you haven’t seen the new Mepps Trolling Rig yet, it’s actually a lot more than a regular harness. It lets you to change blades quickly. It has a floating body and a stinger hook on stainless-steel braid that can also be changed easily. They have both buck tail and tinsel dressed models that really add to the mass and profile of the rig. I think that bulk really helped us to catch more and bigger fish. Plus, every color we tried worked awesome. If you want to see these rigs, I know they have them on their website. http://www.mepps.com

I also wanted to point out that hiring a professional captain will always be money well spent. A good guide will almost always improve your catch by the end of the day. Who doesn’t want to catch more fish?
    Last edited by reellivin; 05-06-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Default ????

They should turn this post into a commercial for sure. Lmao. Where did you buy the harnesses from ???

Dale

I want one ! lol

Default By the way reelivin, really nice fist 32"!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeerieguy View Post
    They should turn this post into a commercial for sure. Lmao. Where did you buy the harnesses from ???

Dale
    reellivin, thanks for stopping at Hi-Way baits, Lakeerieguy... it was a pretty good endorsement. Wonder if he has stock in Mepps trolling rigs?
    Last edited by Bggeary; 05-06-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: need to add text
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Default my bet

Is yes with the hat on. Lmao. Dont know of many Erie charters that run a Yar Craft either so dont know where the endorsement for the charter came from . Heck for almost 10 bucks a harness, i would hope the harness cleans the fish as well. Lmao.

Dale

reellivin

You do realize that the current daily limit for walleyes in the Ohio waters of lake Erie is currently 6 walleyes per legally licensed fisherman don't you? Just thought I would point that out to you as 16 walleyes would be the legal limit for 4 fishermen from March 1 - April 30, 2014 when they backed off the limit during the spawn then increased it back to 6 for the rest of the year. I certainly hope you were not fishing with and paying for an Ohio Licensed Guide who still believed the limit would be 4 walleyes per angler. If so they would need to reread the regulations and get up to speed.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default harnesses over crank baits

Reelliven... your are so full BS, 32 fish in 6 hrs... I was there and it didn't happen!!!!

Hmmm. Sounds fishy
    Last edited by Jay rock; 05-07-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Default Look at Mepps site

this yahoo is on their site with an article about this hot bait as well . If I were Mepps I would be very ashamed of what he is doing . First post here and its all about a bait that he was giving and just trying to make sales here . My money says he wont be back on this site as he already posted his add and did what he needed to do .

Maybe Mepps should advertise here by paying ??

Dale

Default No B>S

I read these post as often as i can. I would hope that NOBODY would post some B>S on this site..... Sounds like one of those days that come few and far between that sounds far fetched but can actually happen. Lake Erie is one of the most, if not the best walleye lakes in the world.. we are blessed to have it in our back door..No room for B>S on this site. With that said, if my buddy's called and said what reellivin posted, i would of said B>S. Sorry reellivin, hope it is the truth and yes, it would've been a blast....