Star Wars Day Trolling Star Wars Day Trolling Star Wars Day Trolling Star Wars Day Trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars Day Trolling

"May the 4th - be with you"... an odd name for an odd trip... netted 12 keepers eyes with 1 small 8" throwback and 5 WB(trash), mostly on spoons 40 back (Tru-trips), with a few on harnesses at 35, trolling between "D" and "E", at 1.6 - 1.8 mph (I couldn't get slower with my bags)... the biggest a 26" female (w/eggs)- more on that later.. got them in a very tight area that I re-trolled 3 times, and was hoping to make another pass or two, but when the wind changed and started to blow, it was time to go home... water changed from clear to dinghy while in the same area. A bird flew right into my lines that was being chased by another bird (because he had a fish in his mouth), that nearly ripped a few rods out of the holders. The bird crashed into the water, and caught on one of my lines, IT WAS NUTS, thankfully it untangled itself quickly before I could cut it, but it triggered a bite and it was fish on (biggest of the day), so keeping an eye out to see if I can work out another deal that bird in the future (LOL)... the only bad news was that it was 2 days of fishing for a grand total of 16 eyes for 5 guys... but it was still good to be out on the water and be able to return home safe and sound

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Greg...tough fishing out there for sure!

Greg