Saturday forecast? Saturday forecast? Saturday forecast? Saturday forecast?

Default Saturday forecast?

Have a trip scheduled for Sat 4/26. The wind/wave forecast doesn't look to promising. NOAA is showing 5 to 7's and 2 to 4's.

I need to give the motel at least a 24 hour advance notice if I am canceling or I can get charged for the room-so I want to make an informed decision.

With that in mind, where is the most reliable/accurate source for wind-wave forecasts for the western basin?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tough call...

Depends on what you feel comfortable with.

I would say the 2-4's is probably most accurate.

I use http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...orecast+Graphs all of the time.

The old rule of thumb of 1ft of waves for every 5 knots of wind stands true enough of the time to use it.

With winds in the 14mph range, I would expect to see waves in the 3ft range. The winds are forecasted to subside to 12mph (2ft wave range).
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Default wind

The Isurf is a good one. I have www.windfinder.com save on favorites on my comp. Punch in the town and it gives a prediction for 2 hour intervals and direction with the "mean" wind speed and peak gusts wind speeds. These sites are generally better than noaa. Saturdays wind looks 10-20 west then moving north then east for saturday. Sunday is east 10-20. It can change and blow itself out also. For a small boat it is tough call. I would say 3 ft waves maybe alittle higher at times. Friday is a NO go in my mind. Check out these sites and make your call
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 04-24-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Good info

Thanks for the info guys. I am coming Fri. and almost cancelled our trip because last night the marine forecast was calling for some rough water for a smaller boat. Looks like Sat. is going to be alright though.

Default wind

Forecast changed a bit. Not as much wind Friday from what they said but directions are the same. Looks 10-20 mph with 1-3 ft and 2-4 ft all weekend. Wind changes to north and then east on Saturday and NE and East Sunday.
    Sunny Sat afternoon. I will be out, jig rod in hand.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Smile

Thanks Gentleman. Boat is a 27 footer and forecast still looks pretty good for Saturday- so we are keeping reservations at the motel and heading up.

Captain Greg please save a couple of eyes for us.

Have a great weekend.

Default weather

Guess I was right. Basically 3 ft average waves but had some 4s for awhile. Was sort of flat at 6:30 am.
    Went to Flatrock first, marked alot of fish up high but not much near bottom. Made one slide just to see , then went shallower to the inside reefs.
    Plenty of fish to catch if the weather cooperates to make a decent bite.
    Trollers seem to be catching with short leads on crankbaits,
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]