Catawba Easter Sunday Catawba Easter Sunday Catawba Easter Sunday Catawba Easter Sunday

Default Catawba Easter Sunday

Trolled NW of CSP, fast and furious. 2 person limit in 2 hours.1.4MPH 45 and 60 feet back. RR in bright colors. We got 1 ten pounder , 2 9's an 8 and the rest were 5 to 7's. No eggs , fish were hungry.

Hit the launch at 7:15 this morning and was setting lines by 7:30. Today I was fishing with Alan Thompson from Indiana and his friend, Jim, who lives a few hours south of Port Clinton in Ohio.

We boated our first two walleye around E can. The water looked good, and I'm sure the bite would have picked up if we would have stayed, but I got a tip to another location and moved over there. It wasn't "my" spot, so I am not at liberty to give that information out. What I can say is that the presentation was deeper than my first spot. The E can area where we caught our first two walleye was 35-37 back on the Pink Lemonade deep diving husky jerk again, and the second spot was 85-110 back with Pinks and blues.

We had one fish to go to fill out their two limits when I decided the action had slowed down too much. We took a little boat ride up to the west side of Green Island to look at the water there. There were a lot of boats in the area, trolling, so we picked a path of least resistance and set our baits in the water. We didn't have all six lines in the water before we got the first fish there. It was a nice 8 pound eye. That filled their limit, and since we had 45 minutes to go, we set out after my limit.

It wasn't long before we had another fish on. This time it was a 7 pound fish. Another 10 mintues goes by and we have another fish on. This time it's the biggest fish of the day with a nice 30 incher! That one made me twenty bucks, because Alan said earlier in the day, "If you get me a 30 incher I'll give you twenty bucks". lol
    Time had run out for their charter, so I told them, "The next fish or 15 minutes, whichever comes first, then we have to leave...time is up".
    Luckily, it was the fish that came first and again, it was another cookie cutter 7 pound walleye to finish off the day with.

Pink Lemonade, Pink Glass, and Blue Glass took all the fish today. We ran them 37 to 110 back, so that tells you they are all over the water column right now, and they are hungry!

Good luck to everyone fishing tomorrow. I'll be back out with a couple of my regular customers for another go at it. Being a Monday though, I'm hoping I get the spot all to myself. hehehe

Capt Juls
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters