jig bite questions jig bite questions jig bite questions jig bite questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default jig bite questions

I'm going to be fishing in two weeks for a long weekend with my dad and uncle around maumee (sp?) Bay. With the colder temps, can we expect the jig bite to still be strong? We have to come from a long way out so any specific reports would be greatly appreciated. If the jig bite is dying off by then, any help with getting set up to troll would be wonderful. Thanks to anyone out there willing to help a guy out. Tight lines fellas.

I think the jig bite will be still strong in two weeks. But if it isn't feel free to call for trolling advise. 614.327.7144

Default Jig Bite

I am coming up for the weekend. I am going to be fishing out of wildwings. I was wondering if I could get some advice on a general area to fish. I will be jigging I am not set up to troll. Any information would be a big help as I live 7 hours away. Sorry to hijack this thread I am techno challeged and do not know how to start my own. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Find your map and fish the cans and the reefs straight out from where your launching-you should see 100 to 200 boats there by then- lol I will be one of them may 1st. hit the Happy Hooker bait shop they'll set you up.
    Good Luck.

feel free to call me @ 330-671-6355 or channel 79 "offshore24" i will give what i know.

thanks Frank

I am new to the forum, but have been following it since ice fishing. Caught my biggest walleye ever and want to come back for the jig bite. Just wondering where I should launch from to have the shortest trip to get fish. I have a 16 ft Lund rebel and I don't want to have to go out too far. Especially after hearing the horrible news about the 4 lost fisherman. I am coming from SW Michigan, probably the last weekend in April. Thanks in advance!

Default Newcomer to the forum

I have been following this forum since ice fishing and have found it very interesting and helpful. I caught my biggest walleye to date through the ice and wanted to come back for the jig bite. My dad and I were thinking of coming the last weekend in Apr. I have a 16' Lund and don't want to have to go out too far. Especially after hearing the horrible news about the lost fisherman. I was wondering where the best launch site would be to have a fairly short boat ride. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fenwicks at turtle creek, Wild wings alittle more east of turtle are both quick acess to reef area
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Thanks for the info. About how far of a drive are we talking?

Couple /3 mile and your into some reefs