Hello All, long time reader but a new member to the forum.

Unfortunately for me, my family does not own a boat so that limits the amount of fishing that we (I) do. This leaves me with two options, either go on a private charter or go on a head boat. The private charter is just a little to expensive for what I like to do, even when they do have a walk-on trip. So this leaves me with head boats. I have done quite a bit of perch fishing with the head boats (my family stays at Lakeside for two weeks in August), and I have usually done well (27-28 perch and 20+ white perch). This year I want to try walleye fishing on a head boat, so we made reservations for this Friday (4/18) with a head boat out of PC. Having never done this, what can I expect? Are there any tips or tricks on how to fish at this time of the year? Are there any etiquette things I need to know about? I've been told that they are jigging at the moment, having never jigged before, what are the techniques? What type of jigs do you use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a good year fishing!

Wes