need dipsy rod help need dipsy rod help need dipsy rod help need dipsy rod help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

you might want to check out the daiwa wilderness trolling rods at fishus.com. they have several selections from med action to med/heavy actions that will work great with divers. I just bought 2 of the 8'6" med/heavy for my lite bite slide divers. they are glass rods but for trolling with divers you don't need anything else. and I only paid 15.95 each with free economy shipping. they look great and seem to be just what I wanted. I use different length rods for my divers. I use a 7' rod in the back set on 1.5 and the 8'6" rod in the middle set on 3 and then a 9' rod in the front set on 4.5. this is on the lite bite slide divers. which would be about like setting a dipsy on 1.5 and 2.5 and 3.5.

I started out using the size 1 dipsy then switched to the walker deeper diver in size 107 then switched to the standard size lite bite slide diver. I like using the lite bite divers because they have a lite bite trigger you can set the lure tension on so it will trip with small fish. I use my lite bite without using the slide part of the diver. I tie my braid to the front of the diver then just tie about 9' of 20# flouro leader to a small split ring and lace it through the back going through the lite bite arm. I can set the front trip of the diver a little on the tight side so I don't get a lot of false releases. then set the lite bite arm loose enough that even white perch will trip the diver.

good luck and let us know what you do and how it works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank you for the great feedback, it helped. I ordered 6 Shimano TDR's @ 8 ft
    I figure that the MH will give me all the flexibility I need to cover about 99% of the fishing I will do. I have a few lighter rods for jigging and bottom bouncing. I will be taking the whole week off from 4/27 to 5/3 traveling to Huron to pick my new boat and then fishing my brains out.
    Man, this was some long winter.