Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove? Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove? Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove? Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Storing on the hard/dry? Channelgrove?

Hi guys,

After two years of having the boat in the drive, I have decided to start looking at storing it on trailer up at a marina. I know some of you dock up at Channelgrove and like it. I checked their site and didn't see much info. Any idea if they rent room for storage on trailer outside? Anyone do this and if so, where and how much it costing you?

The plan is to next year sell the old Mirrocraft and buy a newer/bigger boat, which will be either docked or dry docked, so I look at this season as a good time to start a relationship with a marina.

Thoughts/feedback/etc.?
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

I kept my 24' on the trailer at Fenwick last year with all the gear inside and had no problems. Cost around $200 for the year and included ramp fees. Ramps are about 50 yards from the boat parking.

If you want in the east harbor area and if Channel Grove does not offer dry dockage you could try Tibbles which is across the road from the Peninsula restaurant/HI Way bait. They offer dry dockage and I have docked with them in the past both wet and dry. They are nice people and reasonably priced. Only problem that I know of is the steep ramps. They have bait on site as well as gas, but you can pull out and go to a gas station for fuel instead of the high cost marina gas.

http://tibbelsfishing.com/
    Last edited by wakina; 04-10-2014 at 07:37 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Not sure if your trying to stay in that area near CG, but we offer boat and trailer storage for pretty dirt cheap prices, were about a mile from the ramp. PM me if interested I can get you prices.
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]

Blog Entries

Default Boat storage / dock

Meinke Marina has both, I have been there 2 years now very nice people and reasonable you are a lot further west but the channel and ramps are deep and your a straight shot to west sister and the water intake, they have a night watchman that patrols the campsite and docks . I have my camper there also as of yet to have any problems, also they give $50.00 as a referral spiff for any new customers I will pass this on to you or any one who is looking to start docking at there site they have an east and west location office ph # 419 836 8610 tell them Mike Harris at cs-o31 east sent ya

Channel Grove offers inside storage on a trailer for $550/yr. 10 Dollars a night for dockage when you use one. No ramp. I use Marzerick. They probably offer outside storage in their fenced in area. Do not know for sure and do not know the fee.

Channel Grove is a great marina... You won't find better people and service... But they do not have a good boat launch ramp for self service launch. Mazurik is just a mile or 2 away but not on site.

When you are ready to dock your boat for the season though, check Channel Grove out again.

-Matt

Great feedback!

Sounds like I won't do Channel Grove this year due to the lack of a ramp. I know it is not far from Mazurik, but I like the idea of having a ramp in the same lot as my boat. I am however still leaning towards Channel Grove for a water dock if my plan for a new boat and a dock comes through next year.

Wakina, I had been looking at Tibbels, so thanks for the feedback on it. I really don't like steep ramps. Probably no reason for me to worry, but I still do. I avoid launching from Wild Wings for that very reason.

Dreamcatcher, I like the offer and like what you've done with your business. I have a lot of admiration for you and your wife. Unfortunately, I'm gonna pass as I would like to keep the boat as close to a ramp as possible. No particular reason as my Durango pulls it fine. Just like the idea is all.

Meinke east sounds quite interesting and worth checking into more. I like the idea of a night watchman looking out for our stuff.

I also am checking into Turtle Point Marina. Very good price for the service and I've launched there a few times in the spring for Walleye. I liked it each time.

Midway Marina is still in the running as well as it is over in my favored area. How's the run-out from Midway, anyone?

It appears that I MAY be putting it up west of Port Clinton this year from what I've found researching so far. B Can Man might be heading back to B-Can once again!

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

After I posted that last message, I came across Bass Haven on the net. Do they have ramps there?

Default Midway Marina

15 to 20 minute run to lake,3 or 4 gas docks on way out. They don't have a ramp only hoist, however if you pull out of there drive west harbor state ramp is right next to them no charge. Jeff