maumee bay help maumee bay help maumee bay help maumee bay help

Thread: maumee bay help

Default maumee bay help

Do a lot of jig fishing in April near Turtle Creek. Have never tried Maumee Bay but am considering going there. With cold water this year was thinking the Bay may be the ticket right now. From what I have heard it's shallow and with the river running in I would guess the water is considerably warmer there. I know with rain the area can turn to chocolate milk pretty quick, but that is about the extent of what I know. I was hoping someone could help with the rest. Boat ramp to use. Bait store. Hazards or areas to avoid. Had a great ice fishing season, but am dying to get the boat on the water. FYI 18' Targa for boat ramp. Thanks

Default Maumee Bay

Cullen Park has good access to the lake. Try S. to S.E. of the radar beacon. If no fish run N. to N.E. a couple of miles. Usually you"ll see the boats.

Default Maumee Bay

Left out important info: When you leave Cullen heading to lake you'll see Grassy Isl. on your left, do not go left of the channel till you get a bouy or two past the radar beacon (on your right). There are shallows along the shipping channel. Also sand bars in areas west of Turtle Isl.. Usually between THE HARBOR LIGHT and the island produce fish dark hair jigs (black or purple). Good luck!

Default Maumee bay area

Personaly if you dont know the area from cullen park to the bay area I would launch from Meinkes W. or state ramp,bait shops close by plus you wont have to drive vehicle too far. There are numerous rock piles between shipping channel and fishing area,I usualy start 1/4 mi east of little cedar 6fow.
    , a good chart plotter will show those rock piles. Also dont forget the humps between Turtle Island and harbor light. Just my thought.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. Have a great season.