Reports? Reports? Reports? Reports?

Thread: Reports?

Default Reports?

I am headed to Erie this afternoon from SD...any reports of catching fish around the islands, reefs, etc? Looking for any info that might get our group started in the right direction. Looks like it might blow tomorrow but be fishable on Fri/Sat for sure.

I would troll around F can to E can into H can using ddhj12 or RR in the dirtier water or jig around the reefs or close in to the beach around cooling tower.

Good advice!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Water is still very cold. Slow trolling is your best bet around the cans. If you are dead set on jigging don't hesitate to try some of the ice fishing favorites ( jigging spoons, pimples, blade baits, etc ). Everyone is dying to get out and with the predicted weather the next few days there should be more and more boats out there. I wouldn't expect to have the kind of day we are used to enjoying this time of year just yet. Hopefully only a week or so away though.

Default First report

Launched at Catawba SP yesterday. Ran to "F" can and trolled north dragging DDRR and DDHJ12 100' behind Church Walleye boards at 1.8 mph in 39 degree water. Rapala's Glass Pink Clown - DHJ12 caught all the fish, 7 to 10 lb. All prespawn females. All returned to the water as I have for 40+ years. Perhaps Saturday I will find some jacks and refresh my surgical skills.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 04-10-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Technical info

Way to go Doc!

Nice report..... hey I'm thinking of launching there sat. How is that ramp.....lots of room plenty of parking spots. Thanks for any info

launch is fine if your boat is under 24 ft. plenty of parking if it's not the hot time of the year. If it is get there early.

Default Catawba State Park

Rig in the parking lot. There are 4 ramps with a normal slope. The docks are short but manageable. Plenty of room in the parking lot. On return from the lake, if there is any traffic at the ramp, tie up to the left at the pier and fetch your trailer to the ramp. If everyone does it right there are no problems and no delays. Don't be surprised if a water safety officer is there. They love to check boats there early in the season so have everything in order: registration and license, PFDs, throwable flotation device, distress flag, working horn and radio, distress flag, good date on flares for gun. You should know the drill if you have spent any time on Lake Erie. Happy fishing. See you Saturday. I'll be on Ch. 79 or 68.