Cold coming Cold coming Cold coming Cold coming

Thread: Cold coming

Default Cold coming

I was going to put my boat in today , inboard outboard, but looking at extended forecast next Tuesday they are calling for over night temps in low 20s.Sure would hate for any thing to happen to motor. Any thoughts on this?

I see a low of 29 for next Tuesday, you should be fine. I think it would take several days below freezing with the boat in the water to cause problems, go get-em

if it did get bad again you could put a light under the dog house for a little heat

Billy Joe. No power at docks

Thumbs up

It would take more than one night in the twentys to hurt anything. I say to kill some walleye.

Heat rises and cold sinks so with the boat in the water and the water 4 or more degree's above freezing the heat from the water will transfer into the motor well which is at or below the water line and should prevent the engine from freezing especially if the daytime temps get above 35 to 36 degrees the sun will warm up the interior of the boat during the day also. The weather channel calls for one night to get down to 32 degree's and every thing else well above freezing in the next 10 days. Accu weather has the lows for 3 days right at or just below freezing for three days( Mon 14th, Tues. 15th and Wed. 16th) everything else is well above freezing. Both are forecasting daytime highs in the lower 40s up to the lower 50s during the colder nights. You should be fine!

I would like to add that the weather is for Port Clinton and the heat rising from the water will dampen the temperature fall in the air! It would be questionable if frost would even form on the windows of your boat that was in the water!!!
    Last edited by wakina; 04-09-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip