Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them! Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them! Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them! Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them!

Okay... so here's what I'm thinking. I think it would be great to have an idea as to who fishes when, and where we put-in generally, what days of the week, so-on and so-forth. It is beneficial to be able to check in with each other and know who is doing what. I know that we are not all going to share GPS coordinates and numbers on a daily basis, nor should we. But a little general help and knowing who to ask when we are going out is good.

I notice that many on here fish more than just weekends, some only the weekends, and then some only get to the Lake once or twice a year. If I'm headed up on a Thursday it would be nice to know who generally fishes on Wednesdays.

Something like this...

I am strictly an amateur fisherman. I am not a charter. I have drifted for walleyes on Lake Erie for over 30 years, and in the last 4 I have started trolling more than drifting.

I am docked at Channel Grove Marina in Marble head. From Athens, OH about 4.5 hrs away from my boat.

I try to fish for at least 2 days every time I go, and I try to get up to the Lake at least 2-3 times a month from May-Sept. I can get away and run up to the Lake just about anytime if the bite is hot and I have 24 hrs. to cover my work.

Typically I fish weekends, but many times if I get a good report I can run up during the week. I am willing to fish anywhere within 20 miles of Kelly's Island.

I'm happy to share programs in regards to depth, lure, speed, etc... I'm happy to share general location usually... (West of Kellys 2 miles, etc...) You won't see me posting Long Lat #s... They still call it "fishing"

I will talk on the radio, unlike some people on here... I won't send people on a wild goose chase "promise."

Well... that's kinda me and what my summer fishing looks like.

Feel free to let us know how much you fish, where you are from, type of fishing, etc...

Fish On!
    -Matt

First off I would say that although it says this is my first post, I have been a member under this site for a little while under the user name alumacraft fisher, but because I just traded that in and am a proud owner of a new Lowe I felt alumacraft was not a good name anymore.

I trailer my boat so I start off usually launching from turtle creek during the spawn and jig if the water is rough. IF the water is decent then I head out and troll. I love to troll. I'm fairly new to walleye fishing with only fishing lake erie for only about 5 years now so I don't know everything but I hardly ever get skunked. I don't know numbers and don't really understand them yet when people talk about them.

As the spawn ends I just work my way east trying to follow the fish. I like to mix it up with limits of perch too!

I don't do a lot of talking on radio because I usually don't get a response from anyone. I don't really know anyone else up there. But if someone is asking for help and I found some fish I try to help them.

I love this site. Without it I would be lost on where to go and what to use. And I thank everyone who posts to help everyone else out. Any time I go I try and post to let everyone know how I did, whether good or bad, and what I was using, where I was and all that info.

I'm from Wooster, which is about 2 hours from the lake depending on where I launch at. I'm what you would call a weekend warrior with sat and sun being when I fish the most, weather depending. I occasionally get up during the week but not too often.

Well that's a little about me and how I fish. Looking forward to a good season and another season of learning as much as I can I hope. Good luck to all and safe fishing.

Default Help

Madd Matt-

I think that would be a great idea. See what kind of response you get from the members and who would be interested in sharing information and maybe put a spreadsheet together with names and phone numbers and carry it with us on the boats. I would be more than willing to share info and meet some of the great guys on this site.

I currently reside in Alliance, Oh and am approximately 2 hours away from Catawba.

I have been fishing Lake Erie since 1978 for walleye and perch and have spent most of our time at Clinton Reef and Lakefront Marina's. I also have been a drift fisherman for many years and have just recently started the trolling programs. I owe a big Thanks to skipper9 for taking the time to make me a set of boards. Jim put lead weights on them for me and neglected to tell me that they were actually some type of walleye attracting magnets he invented. LOL! They sure catch some big fish.

I usually fish Fri Sat Sun during the months of April-September. I may have to take a few Fridays off from fishing this year as I was on the ice for 7 staright Fridays.

I am currently docked at Foxhaven Marina in Catawba. I am going to feel like an outcast this year due to everyone moving to Channel Grove. You guys may have to save me a spot for next year. I have a travel trailer at Tall Timbers Campground and stay there every weekend. You guys are welcome to stop by anytime after a hard days offishing and have a drink. The bar is always open.

I usually have an open seat (not always) on the Baha if anyone would like to join me this season.

Lets get this ice off of the lake and go fishing!!

Quote Originally Posted by EYE TAMER View Post
    Madd Matt-

I think that would be a great idea. See what kind of response you get from the members and who would be interested in sharing information and maybe put a spreadsheet together with names and phone numbers and carry it with us on the boats. I would be more than willing to share info and meet some of the great guys on this site.

I currently reside in Alliance, Oh and am approximately 2 hours away from Catawba.

I have been fishing Lake Erie since 1978 for walleye and perch and have spent most of our time at Clinton Reef and Lakefront Marina's. I also have been a drift fisherman for many years and have just recently started the trolling programs. I owe a big Thanks to skipper9 for taking the time to make me a set of boards. Jim put lead weights on them for me and neglected to tell me that they were actually some type of walleye attracting magnets he invented. LOL! They sure catch some big fish.

I usually fish Fri Sat Sun during the months of April-September. I may have to take a few Fridays off from fishing this year as I was on the ice for 7 staright Fridays.

I am currently docked at Foxhaven Marina in Catawba. I am going to feel like an outcast this year due to everyone moving to Channel Grove. You guys may have to save me a spot for next year. I have a travel trailer at Tall Timbers Campground and stay there every weekend. You guys are welcome to stop by anytime after a hard days offishing and have a drink. The bar is always open.

I usually have an open seat (not always) on the Baha if anyone would like to join me this season.

Lets get this ice off of the lake and go fishing!!
    I moved into Tall Timbers last year. What lot are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin Jiggy View Post
    I moved into Tall Timbers last year. What lot are you?
    Lot 212. Young's RV setting it up next Friday

Default Tall timbers

You guys will have to give me a call i am in family camping center right on the other side of the fence from you. I am at the back of our park not far from your stage area. I only know that because i hear the music when they are playing it.

i have a spot in summer breeze on sand road almost across from andys carry out in PC there almost every weekend dock there also 27 sportcraft name BILLY JOE .in the middle of replacing our trailer hoping wont get in the way of my fishing to much.also have a 19ft aluminum boat that i trailer for spring bite-east bite and MI to salmon fish

I am at Channel Grove on the weekends 2 or 3 times a month. I will be sleeping on my boat most of the time. Dock 41. I go on SS in April so maybe I will be up more. Stop around.

Quote Originally Posted by EYE TAMER View Post
    Lot 212. Young's RV setting it up next Friday
    Are u getting one of the open lots on the outside row. I'm 234 I think that's right across the road from me? My cell is 419-989-0685. Text or call anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin Jiggy View Post
    Are u getting one of the open lots on the outside row. I'm 234 I think that's right across the road from me? My cell is 419-989-0685. Text or call anytime.
    I am down toward the end on the outside row. Should be on the same side you are. Will give you a call!

Mike